Toronto Blizzard FC

wquarton

Hey guys, thought I'd do a redesign for an old Toronto based team, the Toronto Blizzard. They had a few different crests throughout the years, all of which were god-awful, and theres been rumours of a second team in toronto, so I thought this was a natural choice. Thanks for the feedback as always :)

TwtAZN4.png

K think this is the final version. Sorry to spam but I couldn't not post this one. Took the last one and put it back on a crest to make it soccer-y cause I know y'all folks love that. Cheers - theres a white outline on this but it doesn't show up on this - imagine its there if you picture it on navy.

AZWoE6l.png

I think the final crest looks awesome! Great work. I would just go in and fix the deets a bit. Like on some of the snowflake points...they don't line up. I would also maybe fix the top of the T where it curves down on the left / right overlapping the snowflake... which creates the tiny slivers of dark blue. You could just hide those. That's just minor stuff though. Great concept.

spacer.png

ah yea, thanks for pointing that out. I'll fix that up :). Will you be a blizzard fan? Toronto needs two teams :P. If new york gets two toronto should have two. They aren't better than us. Partially tongue and cheek but I think I'll actually get some shirts made up to sow the seeds haha

ah well fair enough. Saw it on google images and didn't really question. And pardontheambush, your edit looks better than the original already, but it still looks tacky to me(nothing personal). Call me biased but I prefer mine :P

Was the third one supposed to be shaped like the CN tower or something? Is that what I'm missing?

Really? :therock: ? The concept's not bad I'll admit, but just changing up the colours to me doesn't seem quite as good as it could be. The CN tower shaped snowflake is decent though. The red and blue just, I dunno, reminds me of Dairy Queen or something. And the soccer ball is extremely tacky. It has potential, but just changing the colour isn't enough to make solid. At least IMO.

And is it really double blue, or is it navy and white? I'm a caps fan too, but this is for the good of soccer in Canada. If you have an alternate colour scheme that works for blizzard I'm all ears but the red and blue as is, is bad.

Like I don't know I just don't see it.

Do people actually like the original blizzard logo?? It just looks like a kids team to me.

Really? :therock: ? The concept's not bad I'll admit, but just changing up the colours to me doesn't seem quite as good as it could be. The CN tower shaped snowflake is decent though. The red and blue just, I dunno, reminds me of Dairy Queen or something. And the soccer ball is extremely tacky. It has potential, but just changing the colour isn't enough to make solid. At least IMO.

And is it really double blue, or is it navy and white? I'm a caps fan too, but this is for the good of soccer in Canada. If you have an alternate colour scheme that works for blizzard I'm all ears but the red and blue as is, is bad.

Like I don't know I just don't see it.

Do people actually like the original blizzard logo?? It just looks like a kids team to me.

I like the original Blizzard crest. Red looks great on Toronto while both Vancouver and Montreal wear blue. The shield gives it a soccer look. It's right up there with the Whitecaps' '79 crest. I would just change the format of the wordmark and have it spread out like the current TFC wordmark.

ah well fair enough. Saw it on google images and didn't really question. And pardontheambush, your edit looks better than the original already, but it still looks tacky to me(nothing personal). Call me biased but I prefer mine :P

Was the third one supposed to be shaped like the CN tower or something? Is that what I'm missing?

Haha, my updated crest was just something used for a bit and abandoned, and it's actually this arguably cooler snowflake I made which I'm trying to debate if I should use for a center-court logo (Like I said, NBA 2K brought back arena editing for your "crew", so maybe this is taken out of context or whatever) or whether I should make a snowflake roundel. Still have to make this transparent, but I think you get the idea.

Buffalo_Blizzard_Alt_Logo.gif

Thanks for interpreting it as the CN Tower. Haven't even thought of it that way.

temp.png

Archived