AHL Redesign - Chicago Wolves added

JCRGraphix

I'm currently wrapping up a project that has been pretty much eating up all of my time, so now I'm going to do something less time-consuming so I can focus on important things before my fun little trip to Afghanistan. I'll do these in alphabetical order and post them as I do them. I hope to get through all of the teams, but I'm not too worried about it...

The big thing with this project is trying to make the AHL look more unique. I've been generally disappointed by the way the AHL has been pretty much copying the NHL's designs, so for this project, everything will be different.

Up first we have the Albany Devils. I decided to keep red as the main color and black as the secondary, but I also added gold as an accent color. For the logo, I wanted a "slick-looking" devil with a smirk on his face. The secondary logo is a trident made into a letter A for Albany.

JordanRoberts-ALBANYDEVILS.png

Thoughts?

I really like this! The uniforms are nice, and the logos are creative. Great work.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

What if you changed the yellow to the Devils old green? I agree with Eric, it seems too much like a Calgary affiliate. Other than that, I do really like the striping and yoke. The logos are nice as well.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

There was some great feedback, and now that I've seen that again, I can't unsee the AT. I may revisit that design.

Up next are the Condors. I think that copying the Oilers was lazy, so I gave them a unique look while keeping their branding which I feel is some of the best in the league.

JordanRoberts-BAKERSFIELDCONDORS.png

Actually, the name was supposed to be Bridgeport Sound as the location, and just Tigers as the name, from what I understand as an Isles fan. But it's a solid rebrand, nonetheless. I do feel like other Tigers and Isles fans would be upset with the sudden change in icons.

I really like the idea behind Bridgeport's new logo, but the blue and black are similar enough that it's hard to distinguish between the two from a distance. Might be worth checking if a lightening of the blue would help. Also, something seems weird about the shark's fins, but I can't really put my finger on it. Beyond that, it's a fantastic rebrand, as are the others in this series. Can't wait to see what you do with Ontario!

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

I really like the idea behind Bridgeport's new logo, but the blue and black are similar enough that it's hard to distinguish between the two from a distance. Might be worth checking if a lightening of the blue would help.

I lightened the lighter blue so that there is more contrast between it and the midnight blue...

JordanRoberts-BRIDGEPORT.png

Actually, the name was supposed to be Bridgeport Sound as the location, and just Tigers as the name, from what I understand as an Isles fan. But it's a solid rebrand, nonetheless. I do feel like other Tigers and Isles fans would be upset with the sudden change in icons.

Their branding suggests otherwise:

2611_bridgeport_sound_tigers-wordmark-20

I really like the idea behind Bridgeport's new logo, but the blue and black are similar enough that it's hard to distinguish between the two from a distance. Might be worth checking if a lightening of the blue would help.

I lightened the lighter blue so that there is more contrast between it and the midnight blue...

[pic removed to save space]

Now that's much better and easier on the eyes. Well done!

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

JordanRoberts-BRIDGEPORT.png

Their branding suggests otherwise:

2611_bridgeport_sound_tigers-wordmark-20

When the Wolves played Bridgeport in the 2002 Calder Cup Finals someone explained the reason for the name. I was told they are called the Sound Tigers for this reason, Sound for the water way and Tigers in honor of Bridgeport's or the area around Bridgeport's circus history The P.T. Barnum circus museum is there in Bridgeport

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

Archived