Project Unity - Bauer Hockey NHL Redesign - Columbus Blue Jackets Alternate

ieatstaples

The other suggestions I'd make would be to lose the red yoke on the white jersey and to make the number outlining match the stripes and logo. Oh, and keep their current number font, because City numbers are sexxxy.

I'm not sure if I like the idea of losing the red yoke on the away jersey. There isn't a lot of contrast between white-yellow-red so I felt the more red, the better and the yoke kind of solves that problem for me.

Sorry for the delay on teams. The way I'm working on teams is that I'm usually 4-5 teams ahead of what I post, and I try to work on a new team every day that I post a new concept, but between being stuck on Edmonton ( :censored: it's tough) and working at a new job, I haven't been working on these as much as I want. Anywhere, here's the Blackhawks I promised a few days ago.

0xbxTlW.png

So you'll notice I haven't really changed much (and probably rightfully so) besides moving down the shoulder tomahawk logos and adjusted the striping, all features recreated from Chicago's 1958-59 jerseys. What bothers me that doesn't seem to phase anyone at all is the fact that the arm stripe pattern and the hem stripes on their current home jersey don't match at all. With how much nitpicking the forum can get, this seems to fly under everyone's radar or gets completely ignored. Directly recreating the '58-59 jerseys was a simple and obvious solution.

brUQnfM.png

9DUjjvP.png

I've taking another look at this design and I've notice that on the white sweater, if you think of the sleeve stripes as just a red/white/black stripe (like the Stars' roads) with long black cuffs, the tomahawks are actually centered. Would there be a way to apply this effect the homes?

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've taking another look at this design and I've notice that on the white sweater, if you think of the sleeve stripes as just a red/white/black stripe (like the Stars' roads) with long black cuffs, the tomahawks are actually centered. Would there be a way to apply this effect the homes?

I see what you're saying. I know it's going to sound dumb but I look at the sleeves on the white jersey as black/white/red/white/black with black cuffs. The position of the tomahawks haven't changed at all, it's just that the bottom black stripe is extended, so it looks like the tomahawk is more centered than the red jersey. Plus, it's a small detail that I carried over from the 1958-1959 jerseys.

A9I3IQk.png

Credit to mamiller99 for suggesting having 12 stars instead of 16, reflecting the flag. Small detail, but great idea. Thanks!

8MfWyq7.png

VEtOA6n.png

I'll probably post Dallas later tonight or early tomorrow. Big changes planned for the Stars.

That Hurricanes jersey is phenomenal. I agree it might be good to add the original shoulder patches. My only complaint is their logo (never been a huge fan of it), but that's not your fault and you did a great job.

Also really liking the Arizona ones, but I think the home, at least, could benefit from more use of the sand color.

Buffalo looks great, but I think the overall feel is a little dark. I think a little whit outlining on the numbers (maybe also the names) would help to lighten it up without affecting what you're going for.

Also really digging the Avs and Blue Jackets ones, too. The only one I'm not really feeling is the Bruins, but I feel like Boston has one of the few jerseys that has no need for a redesign.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions) | Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

LAI0e8Q.png

Kelly green is back bitches. You may recognize the jersey design. It was posted both here and featured on Icethetics. Yes, that was me. I've adopted the same design (laziness, and also because it was pretty well received), centered the skew of the logo (exhibit a) which was inspired by the critiques when the rebrand was first announced, and finally I adopted one of the logos considered during the Stars' rebrand process which I feel is a really great secondary logo.

Easter Egg: used the Houston Texans font

et7zdMD.png

VO2VTCm.png

aQh6CB8.png

For as long as they've been called the Red Wings, Detroit's jersey history doesn't offer a lot of variety but that's what makes their jerseys so classic. So to break the mold, in a sense, I drew inspiration from the 1927-28 Detroit Cougars, and also went back to using their original logo. I tried to make a Detroit concept as unique as possible but still design a jersey that says "Red Wings."

i1UuGps.png

m9TUMNU.png

The Dallas jersey is kind of "ho-hum" for me. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either.

I love the design on Detroit, minor refining on a truly classic sweater. The old logo looks good, but I think it would look even better with the modern logo.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions) | Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

YKTKvXD.png

I'll go ahead and say off the top that the Oilers are one of a few teams that are currently wearing perfect uniforms. With that said, the whole reason for this series was to push myself to create something unique for every single team. I knew early on that I wouldn't be able to grab a jersey from Edmonton's history, so I went modern, a treatment the Oilers never really got. I went back to navy blue, kept the orange and went with a Stadium Series-esque design. It's very modern but still has a lot of elements previous classic Oilers jerseys have used.

Z1MROrE.png

Y10DEoa.png

Alright. Let me have it. /:

The Oilers have only two problems... the stripes on the sleeves and the numbers. Make the sleeve stripes go all the way around the sleeves, and move the numbers slightly so they don't look so tilted.

Those were conscious design decisions. The sleeve stripes don't wrap around to fit the stitching build of the jersey, and since the stripes are diagonal, if the stripes wrapped all the way around, they wouldn't meet up on the under-seam of the arms. The numbers are intentionally titled to match the angle of the stripes (example).

Not crazy about the idea of the hyper modern stadium series template but I do have an interesting idea to work with it:

Change the color of the sleeve cuffs on the white jersey from blue to orange, add an orange yoke to the blue jersey, and reverse the stripe colors. The idea is have a jersey with elements of one color above the split in the stripes and the other below it.

Hate the Oilers team, love these jerseys!

1. Props for giving EDM the navy blue; royal blue has never looked good with the bright orange.
  2. The yoke should be modified somewhat, as to not be cut-off by the sponsor patch. Minor point to be sure, but considering that part of the rationale behind this series was the allowance of jersey ads it has to be considered.
  3. The half stripes on the arms are innovative to be sure, but they would look better with another team. Carolina, Anahiem, San Jose or Florida would benifit from these to be sure, as they evoke air and motion. Maybe even for Vancouver.

Overall, great design

I think the stripes on the sleeves might look better if they wrapped around the arm. I think the Bauer makes the front too busy, especially with the 'sponsor' logo. Since it's on the back, I'd recommend pulling it off the front.

Not crazy about the idea of the hyper modern stadium series template but I do have an interesting idea to work with it:

Change the color of the sleeve cuffs on the white jersey from blue to orange, add an orange yoke to the blue jersey, and reverse the stripe colors. The idea is have a jersey with elements of one color above the split in the stripes and the other below it.

qFKMfcE.png

Not sure if I'm crazy about the change. It's more of a lateral move.

The yoke should be modified somewhat, as to not be cut-off by the sponsor patch. Minor point to be sure, but considering that part of the rationale behind this series was the allowance of jersey ads it has to be considered.

You bring up a good point but it's not something I'm too bothered by. Colorado has a similar issue with their captaincy patch, so in comparison the ad patch covering up a corner of the shoulder yoke isn't the worst and is probably more of a realistic interpretation, I think.

What's the number font?

The Atlanta Falcons' jersey numbers. I thought the modern numbers were fitting.

c2Lwo2Y.png

Florida is one of those teams who currently are in desperate need of a jersey renovation. What they've done since the Edge rebrand has been disappointing. I didn't want to go back to their original jersey design (despite how awesome they are) so I went with something different. What's been a common thread among all of the Panthers' jerseys is their ability to balance navy and red so I knew I wanted a red home jersey with lots of navy still. The primary logo has been modified with their current simplified alternate logo along with a few adjustments to the body.

Zsrqfm2.png

BySuUxU.png

Archived