Project Unity - Bauer Hockey NHL Redesign - Columbus Blue Jackets Alternate

ieatstaples

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

c2Lwo2Y.png

Florida is one of those teams who currently are in desperate need of a jersey renovation. What they've done since the Edge rebrand has been disappointing. I didn't want to go back to their original jersey design (despite how awesome they are) so I went with something different. What's been a common thread among all of the Panthers' jerseys is their ability to balance navy and red so I knew I wanted a red home jersey with lots of navy still. The primary logo has been modified with their current simplified alternate logo along with a few adjustments to the body.

Zsrqfm2.png

BySuUxU.png

Panthers look fantastic!

I totally get the issue of not enough red for the away jersey but without totally reworking the design, I can't figure out a way to add more red without it looking too awful. And if I completely reversed the colors, then we'll have the same issue but with not enough navy. I guess the first option looks alright but it gets pretty busy.

PfFSLmb.png

I like the two on the left. Suggestion for the top one: basically just take your red jersey and make the red in the body of the jersey white. Keep the striping pattern on the arms the same. It would simplify things a little. You could even keep the hem pattern from this version as well. I think that with red numbers and letters would be sufficient and not too busy.

The bottom left one is really nice though, and prob my first choice. The striping is reminiscent of their pre-edge look to keep their identity while still being new. My only small suggestion for that would be to make the red part of the collar blue. Would help balance things out.

c2Lwo2Y.png

After sleeping on it and coming back to the possible revisions, I agree that a change to the away jersey was needed and it wasn't particularly a difficult change. B-mer brought up very good points with one of the options and I've decided to go ahead with it, especially since he brought up the fact that it's very similar in the color arrangement of their original white uniforms. Thanks B-mer.

Zsrqfm2.png

HFrZSqS.png

Expect an updated Anaheim Ducks post today as well. Like I mentioned before, I don't like posting new teams without finishing a couple of teams ahead on the list and I'm still stuck on NYI so I'll post a Ducks revision today while you wait for a new team.

wv0Ccfs.png

With all of their recent success, I couldn't imagine a scenario where the LA Kings would part ways with their current logo and color scheme. With that in mind, I tried to make revisions somewhat minimal, eliminating the unnecessary shoulder piping and making a few adjustments to the arms. This is a look I can see the Kings donning for years to come. And before anyone bitches at me for not using Staples as the jersey ad sponsor, check out their practice jersey.

zBktBAL.png0t87e3a.png

Now that you've explained the numbers and stripes to me everything about that Edmonton set makes sense. The Panthers look good. Especially the second version. Adding more red was a good move. The tweaks on the Kings jerseys paid off. That set looks fine to me.

M0NAx8Y.png

Went a bit off the beaten path with Minnesota. The Wild have sort of an identity crisis going on. They entered the league with a very solid, modern set and they've progressively gone more cookie-cutter and traditional. This is an attempt to mix these two schools of thought. I took a page out of the SJ-LA Stadium Series look which employs a modern-retro feel. Also went for a more forest green and eliminated the gold-beige from the logo.

akdKncq.png

Fo2Ruig.png

Really cool idea. It may just be my phone but the green looks really dark, almost black. Which leads me to thinking that'd be a good design for Ottawa.

I do miss the wheat color though. I think it's a major part of the Wild identity. That said though, this does look really good.

Archived