Project Unity - Bauer Hockey NHL Redesign - Columbus Blue Jackets Alternate

ieatstaples

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I like that update a lot more on PIT.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

0SKL8mk.png

I made some major renovations for the Sharks. To start off, I wanted to reintroduce silver, and eliminate orange to go back to San Jose's original color palette. Secondly, their current primary logo has recently gotten a lot of flack for being "too cartoony." I never saw it as a problem but I understand the complaint so I wanted to cut down on that a little as well. Third, instead of going back to an iteration of their already perfect original jerseys, I decided to go with something modern, which hearkens back to their pre-Edge jerseys (which, in my opinion, were very underrated).

CfqtFZZ.png

BAyET0Y.png

love the jersey, love the shoulder patch, but something about the shark without the broken stick just is missing...like it just lacks the character it used to have. Maybe it's just because im used to seeing it or something it just doesn't look complete to me. other than that the rest is amazing. I love how you combined the new and old fin logo.

2eg6xaq.jpg16hsymw.jpg124zfop.jpg49ers_89.jpg

love the jersey, love the shoulder patch, but something about the shark without the broken stick just is missing...like it just lacks the character it used to have. Maybe it's just because im used to seeing it or something it just doesn't look complete to me. other than that the rest is amazing. I love how you combined the new and old fin logo.

Agreed. Maybe try a version with a gray stick? Besides that I love it. The striping is great.

Agreed. Maybe try a version with a gray stick? Besides that I love it. The striping is great.

Damn, that is a sexy jersey...like, let it take me behind a dumpster and have its way with me good. I like the primary without the stick, but it does feel odd. I'm not sure if it's nostalgia (this was the first sports logo I fell in love with, as a kid), or pure aesthetic. Maybe try it with the stick, maybe even recolor it.

The bottom line, though, is that this sweater i fine without it, though that one tweak might have the potential to take it to 11.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Modern, unique, elegant, BEAUTIFUL. Thank you for removing the stick, you shouldn't have to hit people over the head with what sport they're watching. And having a grey shark is a huge improvement. I have never seen a black shark in my life, and this looks like a real shark leaping out from the shadows. The arm stripes remind me of a wave breaking over a shark fin.

That said, I think it would look better with more grey. Specifically on the hem stripes, collar, and even main logo. At least one fin should be grey depending on how the "light" is pointed at the shark. I'd even be fine going full grey. Grey and teal are both unique in the NHL, the Sharks should own it. Make grey the secondary colour and keep black as the tertiary.

qtOnrJr.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived