Project Unity - Bauer Hockey NHL Redesign - Columbus Blue Jackets Alternate

ieatstaples

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another pretty safe concept; this is one is essentially a return to Calgary's original look with a nod to their 2000-07 jerseys with the diagonal stripes. Like with the Coyotes, I've always felt black was an unnecessary color for the Flames that just complicated things.

My stance is that once the NHL goes to these corporate patches, every single team will have a jersey downgrade. But this beautiful design would really test my theory. Proof you don't need to add black to this color scheme. Beautiful.

(Yeah, I hate the adds, but I understand that you are working within the apparent reality)

I am also a big fan of the Buffalo concept. The change I'd like there is to put yellow outlines on the numbers for the white jersey. I know that would provide a bit of issue with them not being mirror images of each other (which seems to be your preference) but with the dark jersey, you are highlighting the yellow and blue...so on the white, I'd suggest you are hiding the yellow a bit.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I really like your Flames design... with a few caveats. Your particular red and yellow do provide more contrast than their original version, though I'm still not sure it's enough. The other suggestions I'd make would be to lose the red yoke on the white jersey and to make the number outlining match the stripes and logo. Oh, and keep their current number font, because City numbers are sexxxy.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I like the Flames one--I like it better without black I could live with slight black touches--but less than what they have.

And the nod to two different eras is well done.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

The other suggestions I'd make would be to lose the red yoke on the white jersey and to make the number outlining match the stripes and logo. Oh, and keep their current number font, because City numbers are sexxxy.

I'm not sure if I like the idea of losing the red yoke on the away jersey. There isn't a lot of contrast between white-yellow-red so I felt the more red, the better and the yoke kind of solves that problem for me.

Sorry for the delay on teams. The way I'm working on teams is that I'm usually 4-5 teams ahead of what I post, and I try to work on a new team every day that I post a new concept, but between being stuck on Edmonton (:censored: it's tough) and working at a new job, I haven't been working on these as much as I want. Anywhere, here's the Blackhawks I promised a few days ago.

0xbxTlW.png

So you'll notice I haven't really changed much (and probably rightfully so) besides moving down the shoulder tomahawk logos and adjusted the striping, all features recreated from Chicago's 1958-59 jerseys. What bothers me that doesn't seem to phase anyone at all is the fact that the arm stripe pattern and the hem stripes on their current home jersey don't match at all. With how much nitpicking the forum can get, this seems to fly under everyone's radar or gets completely ignored. Directly recreating the '58-59 jerseys was a simple and obvious solution.

brUQnfM.png

9DUjjvP.png

i58kQ4A.png

Completely disregarding what Colorado has done since the EDGE rebrand, I've tried to mix the original mountain jersey design with traditional striping. Navy blue has replaced the original blue, the yeti alternate logo comes back and, like many other teams, I've eliminated black. Sure it's been a staple of their color scheme since their inception, but besides their pants, black has complicated the Avs' jerseys, especially today. By getting rid of black, I can focus more on the burgundy and navy.

DNZN6cT.png

pFhgAUv.png

I feel like you should fill out the bottom of the jerseys with navy for the home, and burgundy on the road.

Agreed. It feels really empty. But it's way better than what they're wearing now. I think that steel blue should still be a part of their identity. Maybe the strokes inside the avalanche, and the oval around the logo could be steel blue? And maybe the space inbetween the nave/white stripes on the home, and inbetween the navy/burgundy stripes on the away. Still, I think it's a huge improvement and still looks good.

A9I3IQk.png

Personally I think Columbus has one of the best logos in the league. It's instantly recognizable, it's modern but years from now it could be considered iconic, and it represents the its home state so very well, which ties into the whole team's identity pretty heavily. With that said, I had an internal debate whether to make the jersey design modern in same light as the primary logo, or go more traditional? Decided to go with a safe, traditional design including stars inspired from the Ohio flag and the primary logo. There's not much to say about the jerseys; they're simple and bold.

1YIcFTN.png

cDcnh7V.png

For Columbus did you fiddle at all with V-shaped sleeve stripes? Maybe emulating the insignia on Union jackets?

I thought of using chevrons. I've seen a lot of concepts using them and while that itself didn't discourage me, what did was that there are only a few concepts that have done them well, and it would be hard not to look similar.

For once, someone didn't screw up the Jackets, so thank you good sir. 2 things though, instead of 16 stars, you should use 12 because that's how many are on the flag. Also, you should try AEP or White Castle as the sponsor. Other than that that, you hit solid gold sir

That's what- She

Archived