Project Unity - Bauer Hockey NHL Redesign - Columbus Blue Jackets Alternate

ieatstaples

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never thought the Weagle made for a very good primary logo. It makes for a great shoulder patch, but I don't think it's strong enough for a primary logo. If there was any logo that I'd argue was too "cartoony" it'd be the Weagle. It has some great aspects, the unique shape, the good combination of colors, the capital building silhouette, but I just don't think it's a logo strong enough to be a jersey crest. Plus, it would clash way too much with the jersey design if I used the Weagle.

Same thing applies to the Johnny Canuck logo. It's not a hockey logo. It's complex, it's a bit goofy and the shape is very, very unique. It deviates way too far from the Canuck's whole identity, and I don't think it has any place in front of a jersey.

WfdyGCw.png

The new Winnipeg Jets identity has grown on me these last couple seasons, but I couldn't help but feel completely underwhelm when the relocation took place. Their current logos have no personality and are very bland. Credit goes to Brian Goff for his amazing primary logo concept. It better incorporates the leaf with the jet, and also includes a subtle "W". For the jersey, the stripes are a slight homage to the RCAF Flyers jerseys.

cgQVxMu.png

xmdX0c0.png

And there's that folks. All 30 teams. I want to thank everyone that's been following this series. It wouldn't have been the same without all of your great feedback and suggestions. Thank you all.

This isn't the end of the series, though. I do plan on doing third jerseys, maybe some special event jerseys, all star jerseys etc. so stay tuned.

• 8 months later...

Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've finished up the main jerseys and again I wanted to say thank you to everyone who followed this series and those who added their comments and criticisms because you helped made this project a great collaborative success.

Now, down to business. Alternates are here. They won't be released daily as were the rebrands, but I will try my best to update this series as much as I can. Not every team will receive alternates but a fair amount will. Hope you guys enjoy!

QKooQfO.png

I am a huge fan of their often overlooked alternate jersey from 2003-06 and this jersey is directly inspired by it, while still trying to maintain the same tone of the home and away jerseys. I feel this concept is a clean, yet fresh enough look to add to Anaheim's current classic ensemble.

4xJ6qWX.png

On 7/30/2016 at 0:49 PM, Seattle1917 said:

But just a quick question, why is the jersey white when its's a third jersey?

It's a fair question. Washington used their white Winter Classic jersey for a few seasons, the Rangers had their white Lady Liberty jerseys for a few games, so it's not totally unheard of. I honestly just like the way it turned out as a white jersey.

ZoGXOzr.png

We're going back a bit further with Boston's alternate. An updated version of their 1934-36 jersey, the short-lived bolded B logo is brought back, along with the elongated shoulder yokes and the arm stripes that provide a subtle nod to the pinstripe days. I think this jersey provides good contrast to their current set.

l6DVaku.png

That bruins jersey is absolutely beautiful.

coming from a Bruins fan, it is sometimes hard to impress me because of how much I love the current jerseys, except for the yellow socks, but this concept is perfect.

I love the retro feel to it and I think it is exactly what they need for an alternate.

Archived