Project Unity - Bauer Hockey NHL Redesign - Columbus Blue Jackets Alternate

ieatstaples

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tiICfnW.png

Alright, thanks for the feedback everyone. I decided to reduce the arms to just the one striping pattern. Like Carolingian Steamroller mentioned, the original design was a nod to previous barberpole designs Boston used before, but the majority decided the sleeves looked too busy so I minimized it. I'm going to veto keeping the shoulder stripes. The stripe may abruptly end and it's because they do but, again, it's something the Bruins have done time, and time, and time again and it's an element that I stand behind. I hope this is a decent-enough compromise.

f5MRWlN.png

magI4Bn.png

I will be posting the Buffalo Sabres later tonight. I promise you, it won't rustle as many feathers as the first three concepts already have done.

The Coyotes and Sabres look spectacular. Both are huge upgrades over what they currently use, and I particularly like sublimation on the hem stripes. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the Bruins but that's not really a dig at the concept. The team just happens to have achieved perfection right now. I'd prefer it if the Sabres used Royal Blue but besides that it's pretty much perfection. Looking forward to seeing more!

Dude not be mean, but all I see you doing is using strips or jersey made before and just changing the color with ads on the jersey. Like if there where going to do the jersey they wouldn't make everyone have the simple strips for beginners designers. Dude your just like everyone else making the same thing over and over with the strips. Good job at wasting time on doing something simple and not doing it for what the team stands for.

Good job at wasting time on doing something simple and not doing it for what the team stands for.

Doing something simple? I've managed to piss a lot of people off by doing something different, and unique with the majority of the teams. What do you want me to do, go :censored:ing nuts with apron stripes and subliminated designs? And not doing what the team stands for? What the hell do you think I've been trying to do with every team? I posted in the write-up for every team why I've done what I've done and the inspiration always, for the most part, comes from previous jerseys. If taking inspiration from previous jerseys of a team's history isn't "what the team stands for" why don't you spell it out for me, because I'm clearly lost and need your expertise.

I've tried so hard to do something different from the other concepts. Show me where else you've seen a Ducks concept with that color scheme and that arm pattern? Show me where else you've seen a Bruins concept like mine? Buffalo and Calgary aren't all that unique but it's what I think looks good and what they deserve to wear after years of :censored:ty jerseys. I've tried to make concepts that I think are unique but are still inherently hockey, not some :censored: roller hockey pull-over series that you expect this to be.

Plus of you do ads keep them with rink sponsors just messes everything up. like some sponsors may not be big in city you put in. That's why this all a mess

All teams have sponsor pages with their corporate affiliations. The jersey ads I've used have been from a team's respective ALREADY EXISTING corporate affiliations.

Stop wasting my time and maybe try to post constructive criticism instead because all you're doing now is bitching about :censored: you have no clue about.

For the most part, I really like your ideas. They are well executed and not excessively complicated. My only complaint right now is that the sponsors are using their own colors on the patches. I think it would look much better if you used a team color or white. For instance, the Honda patch for the Ducks really throws me off because the red is very close to the orange accents. I think it would look better if you used white, purple or orange. However, I would not be disappointed if you left it as is considering that would be the most likely course of action if sponsor logos do make it onto jerseys.

Great work though, keep it up!

I seen so many post on this site with people doing strips. For the ducks all you did was change the colors and logo. Really dude your not the only one doing the same thing. I can look on this site and see so many people use strips for jockey jersey for mostly each team. Let me tell you these design are simple to do. How hard Is it to put strips on a jersey with logos and call it something new.U can ask most people on this site and they will sure say anyone can make these jersey. You may be mad but I'm just telling you what most people all ready done.

I seen so many post on this site with people doing strips.

I don't see much stripping on the boards. (The word you're looking for is "stripes".)

Also, please work on giving constructive feedback, whether it be positive or negative. Looking at your posting history, you've made this same sort of post on a few different threads now, and it doesn't help in any way.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived