Project Unity - Bauer Hockey NHL Redesign - Columbus Blue Jackets Alternate

ieatstaples

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice! That's definitely a good look, and a HUGE improvement over what they currently wear. One thing I would add are some more gold in the striping, both on the hem and arms, because it's a big part of the logo. Regardless, this entire series has been great!

I like the simple 2 d logo and peace tower, but I think Ottawa has a really good thing going with the thick black/red barberpole stripes. I would go with:

• Arms: Black to just above the elbow. Then a narrow gold, followed by thick red stripe, thick black, narrow gold, then black to the wrist.
  • Torso: To match the arms, just at the waist.

Once again, excellent work!

I really like the complete logo on the lighter blue on NYI, but I'm much less adversely inclined towards the NY on the lighter blue than on the navy.

The Rangers looks great, I still feel like the Bauer wordmark would be better off the front. Since it's on the back, I think it's fine just there. It works for the current Reebok. I just feel like the collar is too busy with the C, the sponsor logo, NHL crest and the Bauer branding. If it's just me, by all means, ignore me. It bothers me less on some sets than others, but I feel like it bugs me most on those Rangers sweaters.

Ottawa looks great, the logo change is great. No issues with the away, and I like the home, but it feels a bit dark. I think black is the right call, but maybe wider stripes of red and white? Not sure, it just feels a touch too dark. (I think white cuffs and waist would be more lightening than I'm thinking though) Still, if you made that your final call, it would still be among my favorites from this series (still not digging the Bauer on the front, but significantly less bothered than on the NYR...no clue why).

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

To echo canuckleball, yes, red arms and waist on Ottawa should do the trick. That should have occurred to me (sleep deprivation does not favor thinking).

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Thanks for the plentiful critiques guys, really appreciate it.

I really, really like the simplicity of the thin, modern stripes (I think it's clean and slim) but it's clear that it isn't something most people are down with. So, thicker arm stripes, reminiscent of the barber pole look? What do you guys mean by "red arms"?

As in something like this

4Nhz2C4_zpsfczmuals.png

What would the away jersey look like? It's either stick with the red and have no black, or have the black and still have little red.

Perfect fix. I think the white stripes on the arm should be gold, and the space inbetween should be white, if that makes sense, and the hem should have a small gold stripe somewhere on it too.

y9J1Trr.png

I'm not sure if I like it that much. I didn't want to use gold at all because it introduces 3 colors and gets busy. Plus, gold touching white loses a lot of contrast.

The Sens are one of those teams that have a split as to should they be red or black I feel. I honestly could go either way but feel the team has turned itself into a red team. Either way I think it needs a fair amount of both. But, I don't want to see you just go the barber pole route. It's been done plenty.

The logo really pops out of the black too.

I think you could do something like your wild concept to have a sort of nod to the barber pole while still sleek and modern. Play around with that. Could solve The color problem too.

Archived