Project Unity - Bauer Hockey NHL Redesign - Columbus Blue Jackets Alternate

ieatstaples

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apologies for another hiatus. Life takes priority. Plus I've been kind of stuck working on Tampa Bay.

GxOEHwI.png

Added more red to the home jersey and adjusted the striping on the arms for both jerseys. Thank you guys for your feedback.

LuXoGam.png

WkK2pPK.png

Philly will be posted later tonight as well.

Bg4KOpg.png

Another iconic look in hockey are the Philadelphia Flyers. Going with what works, I tried to keep changes to a minimum again. It was imperative that I kept their iconic shoulder design but I still wanted to design something that stood out from their jersey history. I've added some arm stripes slightly inspired by their current alternate jersey to mix it up.

lIYUDqS.png

8cM5Y1e.png

I like it, but agree it could use a tad more black. Maybe as a border between the white and orange on the shoulder/upper arm area?

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

This is a very ambitious project and I applaud you for it.

Generally speaking, I'd like to see move variances between the home and away templates, you know, like the Habs or red wings do.

Most of the concepts got me thinking: "nicely done, but not WOW!"... Until...

I saw the Hurricanes' white and the Islanders' navy... Those are great concepts... and to go back to my previous comment, I am not sure they work as well in the opposite colour.

Other great elements in your concepts: The AZ "sunset hem", the Dallas "starred stripe" and the Minnesota "shaded/textured striped sleeves". (although I do not like the darker green.)

Keep up the good work!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Absolutely! The black divide makes it look more clean. I agree on the orange captain letter. Other than that, though, I wouldn't change a thing!

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Archived