Project Unity - Bauer Hockey NHL Redesign - Columbus Blue Jackets Alternate

ieatstaples

I love this look for Philly. It gets rid of my least favourite element (the contrasting nameplate) and I can truly see the yoke/arch appearing as wings. Plus, the inverted colours between the sleeve numbers and the back numbers look really bold.

Like most of the best entries of your series, it blends classic and modern really well.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really good job on this series all your striping and colors is pretty much perfection IMO.Also i love the way you put the ad's on the jerseys (as much as i hate the thought of ad's) i barley noticed most of them (Which is good). I can't wait to see more, especially my sharks!

2eg6xaq.jpg16hsymw.jpg124zfop.jpg49ers_89.jpg

19gmNfo.png

I decided to go with something definitely modern-looking with Pittsburgh. They have some amazing jerseys already in their history and instead of lazily using one of those designs, I challenged myself to do something new. Somewhat like the Oilers, I don't think the Penguins ever got a decent modern treatment. The yellow is definitely back (vegas gold is the worst), and the diagonal stripping is partially inspired by their jerseys from 1992.

yRDA3Oj.png

uNGwF47.png

Amazing series, I don't know how can I miss this topic. I like the way you put ad's, there's on jerseys, but almost invisible and that's should be.

Pens looks great, but hmm maybe try reverse stripes colors on away and do sleeves like that:

yellow-black-white-black-yellow to the end of sleeve.

From previous concepts I'll complain only about Habs home, I think they should have tradicional waist stripes or with space between them like on away. BTW I can't wait for alternate after you end regular sweaters.

4r2eer.png

That final Philly jersey is awesome. I think figuring out a way to make the sides and cuffs white without ruining the existing white stripe (maybe a black dividing line where the two whites connect) might make it not feel too dark, but it's a great design!

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions) | Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

You've done so many interesting things, the Pens are so underwhelming. It's probably because I'm a Pens fan, and this doesn't fix any of the things they've been doing wrong for the past decade or so. It's another set of random striping, Edge part Deux. It's not bad...but the Pens could be so much more.

And why FedEx? Is there any Pittsburgh connection? I'd think PNC Bank, BNY Mellon, Heinz, PPG, US Steel, Consol Energy, Highmark Bluecross Blueshield, or UPMC Medical Centers would be fighting over that spot....not that I'm for the ads...but I'm throwing that out there.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

You've done so many interesting things, the Pens are so underwhelming. It's probably because I'm a Pens fan, and this doesn't fix any of the things they've been doing wrong for the past decade or so. It's another set of random striping, Edge part Deux. It's not bad...but the Pens could be so much more.

And why FedEx? Is there any Pittsburgh connection? I'd think PNC Bank, BNY Mellon, Heinz, PPG, US Steel, Consol Energy, Highmark Bluecross Blueshield, or UPMC Medical Centers would be fighting over that spot....not that I'm for the ads...but I'm throwing that out there.

I think the striping is fine, but I agree with you about the sponsor.

I forget why I chose FedEx. I usually google "Pittsburgh Penguins sponsors" and it takes me to their official site with a list of their corporate affiliates and FedEx must have been the first on the list, but I think I'll change it to Heinz.

So I'm trying to narrow down what I can to fix. Is the jersey too dark? Should I change up the design entirely? More white/yellow?

I forget why I chose FedEx. I usually google "Pittsburgh Penguins sponsors" and it takes me to their official site with a list of their corporate affiliates and FedEx must have been the first on the list, but I think I'll change it to Heinz.

So I'm trying to narrow down what I can to fix. Is the jersey too dark? Should I change up the design entirely? More white/yellow?

The Penguins have been moving to more traditional designs in every one of their third jerseys since the Edge switchover. I really think they're only keeping the Edge because Reebok and Crosby have been so buddy buddy, and they've changed uniforms soooo many times in their history that they're just sticking with this for a while.

So, more traditional. That doesn't mean it has to be dull, or typical, the Penguins rarely do such things, but I would really think that they'll be moving away from side panels and truncated stripes as soon as possible. Angled stripes have always been a part of Pittsburgh jersey history, but stripes that stop, side panels, and the like seem to be moving away from their general trajectory.

Honestly, I think any kind of reinterpretation of the 1991 jerseys would be well within the realm of possibilities.

I like it, I like it a lot. It evokes the 90s robopen jerseys, but it still reminds me of the 1991 jersey, while being something new all along with the triangular hemline stripes (sure, it's more of a V, but in Pittsburgh, it's a golden triangle). Could it use a shoulder yoke or a secondary patch? maybe. But I think it looks just fine without.

Nicely done, you've definitely checked all the boxes on this one.

Archived