Project Unity - Bauer Hockey NHL Redesign - Columbus Blue Jackets Alternate

ieatstaples

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the comments!

iceE3Tc.png

I was excited to mix things up with Calgary. The primary set is so heavily influenced by the many eras of the Flames' jersey history that I had to go off the reservation. In 2013, during the concept phase of their alternate jersey, they went through a ton of great logo designs and I decided to go with the simple, minimalistic look, which is reflected in the design of the jersey. It's classic and simple.

ElYqz0R.png

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This series is great.  I particularly like what you did for Winnipeg and Vancouver.  The logos you used are the perfect balance between retro & current, and the bold striping suits them well.

Flames alternate is stellar as well.  The simplified logo and stitched numbers give it a classic feel while the updated colours make it look progressive.  Wish the Flames would go back to something similar to 2004 and adopt your concept as the full time alternate...  They could also have retro nights with 1989, cup winning, uniform.  Great work, overall.

• 4 weeks later...

pwvotd8.png

Ain't nothing special about this one, more of a fix. I really dig Colorado's current alternate jersey. It's a nice nod to the Rockies and the state of Colorado, but it's also a great addition to the Avalanche identity. The arm stripes are simple but bold, with matching hem stripes and I think it flows a lot better than the current iteration.

KKU5Qzb.png

G0czkFm.png

I'm a big fan of Columbus' current alternate. You can call it a fauxback, but I like how much it adds to the Blue Jackets identity. The vintage look just feels right, especially with a team based around such history. I decided to go the same route with it, but ditched the gimmicky vintage white, and went with something that meshes better with the primary set.

v5vl70Z.png

Archived