Project Unity - Bauer Hockey NHL Redesign - Columbus Blue Jackets Alternate

ieatstaples

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MIN: I think this set is great. The dark forest green really adds the boldness and contrast that is needed. Plus, with a shade that dark, no one is going to think it looks like Christmas.

I think yellow/gold might still be needed, if only for the moon on the logo and a slight trim line. But you were right to ditch the wheat. Minnesota needs to be gluten-free.

MTL: Decent revival of an old look, but I miss the red yokes on the away jersey, maybe thicken the waist stripes as well. I would lose the white cuffs and white tapered waist on the home jersey.

Love the decision to go with Florida's simplified logo, I've always felt that their primary had a little too much going on. The Minnesota jerseys do feel like they're missing something. I think the Montreal jerseys look great, but the home might benefit from another blue stripe to at the red/white transition at the bottom of the sleeves and torso. Overall, though, great looking series.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions) | Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

kaLpjJy.png

I don't like the cookie-cutter template jersey Nashville currently have. They're original jerseys are very unique, but dated. And let's just try to forget about what they did with the Edge rebrand. The Predators are a modern expansion team and design-wise, that doesn't have to be a bad thing. I really just wanted to simplify things because most of their jerseys have been pretty busy in my opinion. The design is reminiscent of their pre-Edge alternate jersey, and I introduced navy as the primary color once again.

BVVOf8w.png

NleGMDW.png

As a lifelong Predators fan (I'm only a few years older than they are), I like what you've done. The blue yoke on the white uniforms is a nice touch. I would agree with everyone else, keep the guitar pick on the shoulders and the string numbers, they're both strong elements of the uniforms and the city. I would also suggest that, if you make a third set or an alternate, that you use the short lived roundel logo. It was a look that very well could've made it's way onto a uniform rather than just as the shoulder patch on a one year alternate. Anyways, good job with this! Excited to see what's next

bWdXRDv.jpg

ZgaIoh4.jpg

I believe in Auburn and love it!                                                 @RealTCutt                                                                            Colossians 3:23

To echo ScreamingViking and Jake88, I would add the pick logo and go with the string numbers.

Speaking as a Predators fan, lots, if not most, like the gold home jerseys, it's become a huge part of the team's identity. I'm not opposed to going to Navy for home, but I urge you to consider gold for the away, if you do.

Overall, the Nashville set feels like an incomplete, but good, start.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions) | Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

gM7DDX4.png

New Jersey is another team who currently have untouchable jerseys so it was a bit tough to come up with ideas without completely spitting in the face of their iconic jerseys. What I came up with is a combination of traditional stripes with a touch of modern elements. I wanted to update the brand a little bit to make it distinguishable from their current look, but nothing too dramatic.

TXgwDNS.png

2lMyvUk.png

The design is definitely good, but the colors on the back of the home jersey seem a lot darker than the front.

Great catch, I just edited the post with the correct colors. The back was a slightly different shade of red than the front. I must have been reusing the Calgary concept and accidentally forgot the change the color. Thanks.

That's a much better look for the Preds. The Devils are one of the few teams that really don't need an update, good showing though.

PqU1Sr8.png

Time for something different. I'll go ahead and say I don't necessarily hate the Isles' new black thirds and I've pulled some inspiration from that jersey. I liked the bold NY logo so I've decided to move forward with it (which I imagine will be a controversial decision). The jersey design itself has the four-stipes-four-Cups design along with a shoulder yoke that is inspired by the 1941-42 Brooklyn Americans. Instead of going BFBS (Black for Brooklyn's Sake) I went with a very dark navy blue.

9A8esD5.png

P319EVm.png

Woah, that's bad. As an Isles fan, this would be the new Fishsticks. The classic stripes don't mix with the modern yokes, the dark blue is just bad, and the dark logo on the away looks bad too. I'd take the black and make it the current royal blue shade they have, make the logo on the white jersey just an outline, and take out the modern yokes. The base is solid, but it just seems all around bad, as of right now.

Archived