Project Unity - Bauer Hockey NHL Redesign - Columbus Blue Jackets Alternate

ieatstaples

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never been a big fan of the Islanders NY by itself, it just looks like a bad script choice. I would say go with the whole logo, and switch back to their current shade of blue. Some teams have jerseys that need a complete overhaul, I wouldn't say the Islanders fall in that category.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Maybe it's that these remind me too much of those Brooklyn 3rd atrocities for this season. I'd say, at the very least, it's worth considering taking a crack at the lighter blue instead of navy. Also, maybe incorporate more orange so it doesn't seem so dark.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

My main issue is that you went with navy for both Edmonton and the Isles. I'd rather see one of these teams stick with the royal blue, just so that each has their own unique colour scheme.

Overall great job though. One of the best redesign series I've seen on here.

My main issue is that you went with navy for both Edmonton and the Isles. I'd rather see one of these teams stick with the royal blue, just so that each has their own unique colour scheme.

Overall great job though. One of the best redesign series I've seen on here.

I'm really glad someone brought that up and that definitely was a concern when I was in the process of doing NYI. I didn't know what I was going to do with the Islanders when I did Edmonton so it was kind of coincidental. I tried to justify the darkening of both team's blues by making NYI significantly darker. Also, I felt that it was somewhat of a realistic interpretation of the direction New York might go. Instead of going full on black, I compromised for a really dark navy.

The responses have been really love-it-hate-it but the consensus is to bring back the original blue, so here's a mockup of the original blue, and also one with the original logo.

bDpTECT.png

Archived