W H A Ametur Draft Underway

Brass

Wait wait wait...what is this "Founder's Franchise" that's listed on the draft page?

Could it be...a Winnipeg team?

No. Nowhere for them to play. Winnipeg Arena's getting torn down for some commercial development (:cursing: dang you City Hall, I wanted my World's Largest Indoor Waterpark).

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Wait wait wait...what is this "Founder's Franchise" that's listed on the draft page?

No. Nowhere for them to play. Winnipeg Arena's getting torn down for some commercial development ( :cursing: dang you City Hall, I wanted my World's Largest Indoor Waterpark).

Did Winnipeg not JUST get a new arena? :blink:

No. Nowhere for them to play. Winnipeg Arena's getting torn down for some commercial development ( :cursing: dang you City Hall, I wanted my World's Largest Indoor Waterpark).

Did Winnipeg not JUST get a new arena? :blink:

It'll be finished in November. Shortly thereafter the existing arena will be demolished.

There'd be no chance of the WHA playing in the new arena, however. It's being built by the guys behind the Manitoba Moose of the AHL. Good luck convincing them to let a rival league in their building.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

No. Nowhere for them to play. Winnipeg Arena's getting torn down for some commercial development (:cursing: dang you City Hall, I wanted my World's Largest Indoor Waterpark).

This has nothing to do with anything, but another local firm seems to have come up with the money to do something at the old Canada Packer's site in St B. Oughta give the titty bar booming business while dad drops off the kids at the 'park...

And just so this post has releveance, I hate the new WHA.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

And wasn't this the same kind of skepticism the original WHA faced back in the 70s?

I admit, Bobby Hull musta been clonked on the head one too many times to try this kind of gutsy move, but if it works, it'll be unopposed, and to be honest, a Quebec vs. Halifax game don't sound so bad!

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

To quote your sig Suigi,

"REMEMBER THE TRUE NORDIQES, NOT THE PALE WHA IMITATION NORDIKS!"

Thus why i will not cheer for the NO-DIKS. I will go for the Fisherman reincarnated...

HALIFAX

that is if this "League" gets off the ground.

Uh, go get 'em boys.......

Archived