kw11333

Teams In The Wrong Stadium

Kings played the rangers in a preseason game in 2013 at the MGM grand in Vegas also played Colorado there

182076852(1).jpg

The Kings play a preseason game in Las Vegas every year.
Looks like they will continue to do so, except they're not going to be the home team anymore

On march 1st 1968, the Spectrum roof colapses, forcing the Phila Flyers to play their last 5 home games at Quebec city Colisee )Their AHL affiliate's home)

deformity.jpg

Winnipeg Goldeyes played at Winnipeg Stadium from 1994-1998 before Canwest Global Park was built. You can see the yardmarks and logos on the astroturf left behind during baseball.

I never knew about the Ottawa Senators starting at that dinky place Combined that with the Lightning's first home, what is it with the NHL starting franchises in small barns?

Hamilton had a 17,000-seat arena ready but was denied for being Hamilton. Ottawa got the expansion franchise on the promise of a new arena that took too long to build. There were competing bids for Tampa Bay, one from Tampa (headed by Phil Esposito) and one from St. Petersburg (headed by Peter Karmanos and his former buttmonkey Jim Rutherford), the St. Pete bid was going to play out of the Trop, which is what the Lightning ended up doing anyway with the other Tampa bid

Montreal Expos

K7QpOAN.jpg

PEYZ4yW.jpg

North Melbourne at Coburd CIty Oval:

16057.jpg?fit=810%2C810

Any team not from Melbourne that plays a "home game" at the MCG should be included as well.

i like Geelong does that on a number of occasions.

I think this is something special to Australia. If the biggest NFL game of the week was required to be played at the Rose Bowl or Dallas there would be a bunch of ticked off fans. They technically have that with games in London, the difference being it's not a true set rotation.

Albertsons Stadium in Boise swapped the blue turf for sod and hosted a soccer game this summer:

D_1507_021_145.jpg

Albertsons Stadium in Boise swapped the blue turf for sod and hosted a soccer game this summer:

D_1507_021_145.jpg

wow. looks so different without blue turf

Total fail.

Yeah, it's a revelation when the home team isn't cheating by matching camouflaged uniforms & playing surface.

Yeah, it's a revelation when the home team isn't cheating by matching camouflaged uniforms & playing surface.

You can't be serious.

The only issue I have with blue or red turf is how my eyes can't adjust properly.

Are the Jets, Eagles, and Packers cheating by wearing green uniforms?

I understand what you're saying, but a few thoughts:

1: You're zoomed so far out on Boise that of course it'll make a difference between the photos.

2. The fact that the Packers and Jets are wearing different color helmets and pants make them stuck out. Put Boise in orange or white helmets and pants and you have no argument.

Do people really have a hard time seeing the players? Maybe it's because I watch them a lot but it's not that hard for me.

While a new stadium was being built, the Hamilton Tiger-Cats were at Alumni Stadium in Guelph for 2013

ShHUB.jpg

I think that's actually a game featuring Guelph and what looks like Western. Nash61 had already posted a pic of an actual game there showing Hamilton in their home blacks against the checkerboard end zone of Guelph. However I have a better example....

cflol_medium.gif

It's still an awesome gif...

D_1507_021_145.jpg

It looks like a plain and fairly boring stadium without the blue... I can't believe I'm about to say this, but that place needs the blue turf.