NHL Soccer Crossover series by D3 Designs

D3 Designs

Pretty simple translation of current NHL team looks onto soccer templates. I'll be attempting to do all 30 teams with a view additional concepts along the way. Before we get started here are a couple of notes...

1. All 30 teams will wear jerseys manufactured by Adidas (note this decision was made prior to the recent Adidas deal with the NHL).
  2. All 30 teams will wear at least two separate jerseys. One primary uniform and one clash uniform with the option of 3rd jersey.
  3. All 30 teams will be sponsored by the company which sponsors their home arenas.
  4. All jersey concepts will be accompanied by a scarf which will display a team nickname and motto.

Now with that out of the way lets begin with the Anaheim Ducks.

soccer%20ducks%20pro%20II_zpsj4nuvihq.pn

jersey%20sig_zps1aiiueko.pngD3%20Banners_zps8gift6us.png

What about teams that don't have sponsors like Detroit, for example? As for the concept, do away with the scarves, the shorts on the template are messed up, take the gold stripe off the front of the home jersey, to me these just seem like hockey jerseys on a soccer template, not an NHL Soccer crossover.

What about teams that don't have sponsors like Detroit, for example? As for the concept, do away with the scarves, the shorts on the template are messed up, take the gold stripe off the front of the home jersey, to me these just seem like hockey jerseys on a soccer template, not an NHL Soccer crossover.

Teams that don't have sponsors?

Detroit is presented by AT&T on their website...

Teams that don't have sponsors?

Detroit is presented by AT&T on their website...

OP said he was going with their arena namesake as sponsor, rather than the team's primary sponsor... hence honda for the ducks. joe louis can't exactly sponsor the red wings, can he? :)

i'd hope to see dr. pepper on the stars, instead of american airlines. DP has been a stars sponsor since 1993, when they played at reunion arena... but at the end of the day, this is a concept series, and that's how the artist wants to do it, so i'm not going to complain.

i do wonder how he'll handle the red wings and rangers and teams that play in traditionally named arenas, though.

Could you be more specific with what is wrong with the shorts?

jersey%20sig_zps1aiiueko.pngD3%20Banners_zps8gift6us.png

Non-football/soccer fan here, but so far this is a really interesting take. Certainly a lot more thought and effort than other NHL-soccer series I've seen here.

My only comment on the Ducks is that it doesn't make sense to use the OC patch on the orange uniform. It was designed for a one-off event, and even then I feel that it was an afterthought designed to push the LA vs OC thing the Stadium Series game was going for. Away from that it doesn't work as part of the team's branding, especially in place of the primary logo.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived