Mississauga FC - Cogs

wquarton

Hey folks, another concept I'm kicking off, Mississuaga FC. Still alot of work to do, but I feel like there are some cool elements in here that can be used.

Basically, Mississauga is known for being a very progressive, afluent, and business-oriented city. I wanted to highlight this semi-futuristic progressive vibe, as well as incorporate the Greater and Lesser Rivers that highlight the geography of the city.

The city flag has a cool looking gear/cog thing that I thought could highlight this element well - 600px-Flag_of_Mississauga.svg.png

I may keep the gear as is, or perhaps try something a little more tinker-y, just wanted to see what you guys thought. Also, the city logo has a very cool stylish M that I was hoping to immitate without completely ripping off

Mississauga_logo_14.pngSo here's what I have so far. Far from done, but I think theres some potential and was just hoping for some guidance. Guys haven't steered me wrong so far so I'm putting faith in you :)

f3w8kW3.png

I know it's kinda funny looking, but I really think it has potential. I was hoping to give the feel of the Rivers(blue lines) splitting the machinery of the city. Thanks guys :)(and gals?)

Personally, I would just use the shield that is on the flag just as it is. I wouldn't alter it at all. You could add a soccer ball in the center of the gear if you felt compelled to make it more "soccer-y." That city logo would be a great image to place at the back of the neck spot.

The flag have great colors and great imagery, so I'd go with it. No need to reinvent the wheel on this one.

Heres a bit of an update. Sorry davidrpaige, I have a concept I wanna run with, if I can't make it work I'll give that a shot. How's this ujju2? I was thinking of putting on gear on each side of the center of this box shape to give it kind of a gearbox look. I'll fiddle around and be back, but I thought I'd show a more basic one and see what people think.

1jweJVC.png

Edit:see a couple random little errors, please ignore those for now I'll fix them

I think you need to have a soccer ball in there. It could work nicely in the centre of the gear. It would also be pretty neat if you could make the M at the top in to a crown. You could also add the leaf motif that is on the flag under the crest. I think you are on your way to a cool looking identity.

spacer.png

I could fiddle around with making the M more crown like, thats a solid idea, thanks. Sorry, the leaf motif on the flag? Am I blind, I don't see it. I see wheat, gear, lighthouse, more wheat/medical staff thingy and wheel thingy. And I'm not sure, I wouldn't wanna rip off the maple leafs, you're from TO, you know how they are about the leaf thing, it'd be blasphemy.

Archived