Favorite AHL/ECHL uniforms?

Ark

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'm a bit biased but I've always liked this Renegades jersey

RichmondRenegades99-00front.jpg

Whoa, maximum '90s! I can hear Real McCoy just looking at it.

Not a single mention of the Utah Grizzlies yet? While not groundbreaking, these look better than at least 1/3 of the NHL: thb_rossiter.JPG

Not to mention how well dark green, black, copper, and white work together here.

Yeah, these are really good too. Go back to Salt Lake City if we're going to have western AAA.

Yes, Utah should definitely have an AHL team again.

Not a single mention of the Utah Grizzlies yet? While not groundbreaking, these look better than at least 1/3 of the NHL: thb_rossiter.JPG

Not to mention how well dark green, black, copper, and white work together here.

Yeah, these are really good too. Go back to Salt Lake City if we're going to have western AAA.

I agree. The SLC needs to be a bigger part of North American hockey. I like the green and copper (the shade of green is better than the originals), but have always been partial to the ones I grew up watching:

Grizzlies11ANDERSSONhomefrontG.jpg

WerenkaFsm.JPG

I know the newer logo is more "dynamic" than the old one, but I prefer the original. However, I really like the new shoulder logo and it's a great nod to the old claw marks.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Well I'm a bit biased but I've always liked this Renegades jersey

RichmondRenegades99-00front.jpg

Whoa, maximum '90s! I can hear Real McCoy just looking at it.

Utah Grizzlies was the first team that came to mind, when i saw the title of this thread. I love the uniform, i love the logo, i love the colors and i love the name. It's just an overall great identity. In fact, forget about the AHL, if they promise to wear that exact uniform and name, Utah can have an NHL expansion team as far as i'm concerned.

Utah Grizzlies was the first team that came to mind, when i saw the title of this thread. I love the uniform, i love the logo, i love the colors and i love the name. It's just an overall great identity. In fact, forget about the AHL, if they promise to wear that exact uniform and name, Utah can have an NHL expansion team as far as i'm concerned.

I agree I'd love to see an NHL team in Utah. But they should definitely AT LEAST have AHL.

The Hogs' crest is baaaaaa-aaaad. Definitely of a time and of a league when its companions were things like the Brantford Smoke, Knoxville Speed, and whatever was filling Port Huron that week. How do you ruin the Blackhawks' uniforms? Put that crest on it.

As much as I hate minor league clone identities, they're wearing the uniforms anyway, so I'd be all for the Rockford Black Hawks. Either make the crest a non-cartoony bird, or go with a roundel featuring the Chief Black Hawk statue.

But we ARE the Icehogs!!! Like I said. What would be a better name for a hockey team form Illinois?

The Hogs' crest is baaaaaa-aaaad. Definitely of a time and of a league when its companions were things like the Brantford Smoke, Knoxville Speed, and whatever was filling Port Huron that week. How do you ruin the Blackhawks' uniforms? Put that crest on it.

As much as I hate minor league clone identities, they're wearing the uniforms anyway, so I'd be all for the Rockford Black Hawks. Either make the crest a non-cartoony bird, or go with a roundel featuring the Chief Black Hawk statue.

But we ARE the Icehogs!!! Like I said. What would be a better name for a hockey team form Illinois?

Anything, really. Besides mega hog farms suck and have a stench that can only charitably described as awful.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

NHL-quality logo, and looks awesome on this jersey.

8150659239_2be74a8451_z.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived