Sign in to follow this  
Ark

Favorite AHL/ECHL uniforms?

Hah, right on cue, the Portland Pirates brought back their original away jersey as an alternate.

edit: trying to quote my original post in this thread, but failed. My work computer cannot handle this site, for whatever reason.

The ECHL's defunct Pee Dee Pride. Initially hated the WNBA name, but grew to love the uniform. Their coach Jack Capuano now coaches the Islanders.

21294362831_bfab1b198a_c.jpg

21259984796_61f1380fe9_c.jpg

Well I'm a bit biased but I've always liked this Renegades jersey

RichmondRenegades99-00front.jpg

Whoa, maximum '90s! I can hear Real McCoy just looking at it.

Not a single mention of the Utah Grizzlies yet? While not groundbreaking, these look better than at least 1/3 of the NHL: thb_rossiter.JPG

Not to mention how well dark green, black, copper, and white work together here.

Yeah, these are really good too. Go back to Salt Lake City if we're going to have western AAA.

Yes, Utah should definitely have an AHL team again.

Not a single mention of the Utah Grizzlies yet? While not groundbreaking, these look better than at least 1/3 of the NHL: thb_rossiter.JPG

Not to mention how well dark green, black, copper, and white work together here.

Yeah, these are really good too. Go back to Salt Lake City if we're going to have western AAA.

I agree. The SLC needs to be a bigger part of North American hockey. I like the green and copper (the shade of green is better than the originals), but have always been partial to the ones I grew up watching:

Grizzlies11ANDERSSONhomefrontG.jpg

WerenkaFsm.JPG

I know the newer logo is more "dynamic" than the old one, but I prefer the original. However, I really like the new shoulder logo and it's a great nod to the old claw marks.

Well I'm a bit biased but I've always liked this Renegades jersey

RichmondRenegades99-00front.jpg

Whoa, maximum '90s! I can hear Real McCoy just looking at it.

Utah Grizzlies was the first team that came to mind, when i saw the title of this thread. I love the uniform, i love the logo, i love the colors and i love the name. It's just an overall great identity. In fact, forget about the AHL, if they promise to wear that exact uniform and name, Utah can have an NHL expansion team as far as i'm concerned.

Utah Grizzlies was the first team that came to mind, when i saw the title of this thread. I love the uniform, i love the logo, i love the colors and i love the name. It's just an overall great identity. In fact, forget about the AHL, if they promise to wear that exact uniform and name, Utah can have an NHL expansion team as far as i'm concerned.

I agree I'd love to see an NHL team in Utah. But they should definitely AT LEAST have AHL.

The Hogs' crest is baaaaaa-aaaad. Definitely of a time and of a league when its companions were things like the Brantford Smoke, Knoxville Speed, and whatever was filling Port Huron that week. How do you ruin the Blackhawks' uniforms? Put that crest on it.

As much as I hate minor league clone identities, they're wearing the uniforms anyway, so I'd be all for the Rockford Black Hawks. Either make the crest a non-cartoony bird, or go with a roundel featuring the Chief Black Hawk statue.

But we ARE the Icehogs!!! Like I said. What would be a better name for a hockey team form Illinois?

The Hogs' crest is baaaaaa-aaaad. Definitely of a time and of a league when its companions were things like the Brantford Smoke, Knoxville Speed, and whatever was filling Port Huron that week. How do you ruin the Blackhawks' uniforms? Put that crest on it.

As much as I hate minor league clone identities, they're wearing the uniforms anyway, so I'd be all for the Rockford Black Hawks. Either make the crest a non-cartoony bird, or go with a roundel featuring the Chief Black Hawk statue.

But we ARE the Icehogs!!! Like I said. What would be a better name for a hockey team form Illinois?

Anything, really. Besides mega hog farms suck and have a stench that can only charitably described as awful.

I'm surprised we went this entire thread without bringing up the jersey that brought a trend to CCSLC:

Schmidt-Quebec-97-98-Away-Front.jpg

I still think of the Ice Pilots first when I see that jersey.

IcePilots13QUENNEVILLEroadfrontG.jpg

I still think of the Ice Pilots first when I see that jersey.

IcePilots13QUENNEVILLEroadfrontG.jpg

Ha! I knew Id seen that template before and couldn't place who else wore it. Thanks for solving that mystery for me!

my personal favorite was the Adirondack Flames' dark red and black uniforms... The old Atlanta Flames' flaming A logo has always been a favorite of mine since the '70s...

NHL-quality logo, and looks awesome on this jersey.

8150659239_2be74a8451_z.jpg