Fix-It Friday thread

Ark

I'm wondering if you put the current dolphin back on the helmet and rotated him so he is more upright like the old logo if that would look better. The helmet striping looks great and makes a huge difference! I think it should be transferred to the aqua pants, though, to complete the look. The numbers don't really work for me. I think something more of a traditional block type number would work. Overall, it's way better than what they are currently wearing.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a life-long Dolphins fan who has been very critical of the current uniforms. This proposed fix doesn't work for me ... Sorry. It actually makes me appreciate the current set more. My quick fix for the current uniforms would be to arch the dolphin in the logo like the previous logos (as others have mentioned) and ditch the navy all together. Navy looked good with the previous uniforms, but it muddies the current look.

Personally, seeing this year's throwbacks makes me long for a full-time return to those. ??????

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

I really like your first two efforts, but I hate the Dolphins fix. The Dolphins numbers aren't perfect, but they have a bit of character and fit in well with the rest of the design. The replacement is pretty bland.

I don't necessarily disagree with replacing the logo, but it has to actually be replaced. You've lost a lot of the character of the uniforms IMO and they just look really blank. I know they aren't league best or anything, but they aren't terrible.

Four weeks of football. I think it's time to fix another sport.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

#4 Dallas Cowboys

Definitely an unpopular opinion, but I like the metallic blue pants. I don't see why people get so so angry about their three blues when it's no different than any other team that uses three colors. Of course this forum is obsessed with symmetry. I really don't think Dallas ha anything wrong with their uniforms.

BAD-590x204.jpg

boysfix-590x448.jpg

Their real uniforms have a lot more character than the fixed version. The fixed uniforms might as well be the Detroit Lions.

I would fix the Cowboys by simply having them borrow back from Kansas State, whose uniforms are based on the Cowboys but have implemented consistency in terms of color and home/away design. Changing the purple to navy blue, adding the number outlines to the dark jersey (though in grey instead of white), changing the helmet logo, and Bob's your uncle.

Cowboys-Fix_zpsirf9xivp.jpg

EDIT: Added pro-style socks to the mockup.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Needs white shoes.

i probably like black for every team, but i agree white works here too. honestly, it's just been an oversight with about all of the teams so far - definitely wasn't something i was thinking about for the Cowboys but i will try to remember to mix up the kicks color from here on.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived