NWHL Jerseys

AnPheitseog

While it's a bit different, I think I like the idea. I'd have to see it on a player to really tell, though.

Definitely not a fan of the black-on-black numbers; I wonder if they'll have to change those.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

According to the contest rules, winners' submissions could be modified as needed. They'll still get their recognition and freebies.

I'd like this jersey a lot more if it had hem striping to match the sleeves. As it is, it's okay, but busy up top, and empty on the bottom. Certainly heaps better than the CWHL's NHL stock jerseys with block city names.

Also, the NWHL plans on selling player jerseys, and players will get a 15% cut every time their jersey sells.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

According to the contest rules, winners' submissions could be modified as needed. They'll still get their recognition and freebies.

I'd like this jersey a lot more if it had hem striping to match the sleeves. As it is, it's okay, but busy up top, and empty on the bottom. Certainly heaps better than the CWHL's NHL stock jerseys with block city names.

Also, the NWHL plans on selling player jerseys, and players will get a 15% cut every time their jersey sells.

I guess the changes were making the winning design completely white then they added what they wanted to it. It literally has 0 similarities. The only design element kept is the full color collar with laces which aren't even the same color.

BUF-1-Take-2-300x264.png to this 3UW8dn2.png

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

My point isn't whether you'd buy it or not, my point is that these design contests for teams are just complete bull :censored:. They never pick the best designs and then when they pick the bad ones, they do :censored: like this to them.

My point isn't whether you'd buy it or not, my point is that these design contests for teams are just complete bull :censored:. They never pick the best designs and then when they pick the bad ones, they do :censored: like this to them.

"They picked a bad design, and then they had the gall to make it look better!"

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The winner was bad, but is this one really better?

Top heavy, no hemline stripes, all of a sudden baby blue is a color, black on black numbers...Honestly, I think this design is terrible. At least the contest winner looked like a hockey jersey.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I love that they put some color on the jersey. I'm willing to overlook the flag patch for a tiny league team. I wish there were some blue in the main crest, and I think they need to find a decent designer to give the whole thing a once-over. To my eye, all the elements-- buffalo, crown, stars-- look like they came out of a clipart program and don't relate to each other. It's like when a big league team uses logos from multiple eras of their history at the same time; everything just doesn't flow together.

You're missing the point I'm making. Idc that it may be better, I care that these contests just screw over everybody involved. It's a great way for marketing, but terrible for the image of the league. The NWHL is a stupid league and it won't last long, so this should all blow over quickly.

The winners are still getting the prizes and recognition they were guaranteed by the rules of the contest. Who's getting "screwed", and why is the NWHL "stupid"?

The winners are still getting the prizes and recognition they were guaranteed by the rules of the contest. Who's getting "screwed", and why is the NWHL "stupid"?

I'm pretty sure designers care more for seeing and receiving the jerseys that THEY designed.

The league is stupid because the whole concept behind the league is extremely flawed. It won't last, it won't make any money. If I wanted to see players with the same caliber and with physicality, I'd go watch bantam men.

I'm pretty sure designers care more for seeing and receiving the jerseys that THEY designed.

The league is stupid because the whole concept behind the league is extremely flawed. It won't last, it won't make any money. If I wanted to see players with the same caliber and with physicality, I'd go watch bantam men.

The whole concept of the league is to give women a place to play hockey and get paid for it, unlike in the CWHL where they arent paid.

EDIT: Not to mention to get more young girls into playing hockey by seeing these role models play, and know that it is an achievable goal that they should strive for

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

I knew the answer to my second question would be "because girls hurr durr."

I really do think they're going about this all wrong.

Going into competition with the CWHL is stupid. You're only going to rob a functioning league of its talent and slowly starve both leagues. Plus, say what you will about not paying the players (all of their hockey is paid for, ice time and equipment and such is free, so at least there's that), but starting bidding wars and contract players one-upping each other, and you'll go bankrupt very quickly, especially without major fan support.

They should've based their model on how MLB used to be or how the CHL is now; that is, small, independent leagues that play each other for a championship.

CWHL is already established, don't mess with them. If anything, convince them to drop Calgary. A team that far away throws off everyone's travel budgets. CWHL gets eastern Canada. Build on their success and create partnerships. Keep teams very close together to keep travel and hotel budgets to a minimum, no huge road trips, no interleague play, just build solid self-contained leagues with good rivalries.

NWHL takes the eastern US.

When it's feasible, create a midwest league or a west coast league, whichever comes first.

Then use the Memorial Cup format, winner of each league is in the final 4, the last spot is for the host team. When there's enough business for 4 leagues, drop the host team's bid and make it a neutral site.

Keep everyone on the play-for-free model until there's enough revenue to give everyone a stipend, then a per diem, then you start building in bonuses for good play until you're ready for individually negotiated contracts.

There's a way to do this, but this is not it. If the NWHL isn't careful, they could bankrupt both leagues.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

The whole concept of the league is to give women a place to play hockey and get paid for it, unlike in the CWHL where they arent paid.

EDIT: Not to mention to get more young girls into playing hockey by seeing these role models play, and know that it is an achievable goal that they should strive for

So you're saying a $5,000 at the end of the season is a goal to strive for? It's just a senior league for women. That shouldn't be something to look up to. Men get paid what they do because they have high caliber talent on the national stage. Top men's players would destroy the top women's players fairly easily. That's not being sexist, that's just a fact.

I knew the answer to my second question would be "because girls hurr durr."urr."

How is that at all what I said? This isn't a gender issue. I'm not gonna go pay to watch players of the same caliber as bantam AAA men teams plus the fact that there's body contact puts it over the edge. I guarantee others feel the same way. This isn't goin to rack in really any money. What hockey week said makes a lot more sense. Build the brand then start paying the players once you can.

"Start paying players when you can" is the sham the CWHL's been pulling for five years now. It proclaims in the press that it's profitable, just, you know, not enough to share any of the profit with the labor. One of their players had to crowdfund during the playoffs last season because she was out of sticks, and players have to buy their own gear. It's actively recruiting team staff, website operators, and video producers as "volunteers", because they're all unpaid positions, too. It's a rec league with Olympic talent that makes its players sign service contracts, forbidding them from leaving to get paid elsewhere. If the NWHL does nothing more than break the CWHL's awful, awful business model, it will have done plenty.

Archived