Greenville Swamp Rabbits concept

deked73

gsr1stseasonpatch.png

gsrconcept.png

Had this idea for a four uniform set for the newly re-christened Greenville Swamp Rabbits. The Home Alternate is modeled after the New York Rangers being that is their NHL affiliate and that they have worn a Rangers inspired alternate in the Rangers colors but having the Road Warriors logos.

I made the First Season patch with an alternate logo from the team. All logos are from either Sportslogos.net, hockeyjerseyconcepts.ca or the Greenville Swamp Rabbits site. The sponsor logo is from the Bon Sonour healthsystems site.

Any and all comments welcome to help me fix any issues that are there before i submit them to Hockeyjerseyconcepts

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

I'm no hockey jersey connoisseur, but by my mark these look pretty solid to me. Nothing is really jumping out to me that seems suoerout of place, so not much to say. The only thing that I can think of is that the banner of the inaugural season patch looks a little rough around the edges, but that's about it. Job well done!

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

You make it work, but there are a lot of colors going on there. It's so close to suffering from the Thrashers' uniform problems. Just because the color is in the logo doesn't mean it has to be on the jerseys. Personally, I'd drop one of the oranges. The darker orange makes more sense to drop, but you make that work so well in the third jersey. You can definitely drop the gray/silver, too. It's adding nothing functionally, and I bet most people won't even notice it.

Look at the Steelers, Titans, and Cardinals, or the Wild, Jets, or for the perfect example, the Blackhawks. Just because a color is in the logo doesn't mean it has to be on the jersey. If anything, you can make it really pop with that extra bit of color on the crest.

It works...but I think simplifying would make it better.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Love the logos, not quite sold on the uniforms. The gold and orange stripes in particular are a little on the thin side. For a scheme as vibrant as the one you chose I just think the striping choices could be bolder. You got it right on the orange alternate.

You make it work, but there are a lot of colors going on there. It's so close to suffering from the Thrashers' uniform problems. Just because the color is in the logo doesn't mean it has to be on the jerseys. Personally, I'd drop one of the oranges. The darker orange makes more sense to drop, but you make that work so well in the third jersey. You can definitely drop the gray/silver, too. It's adding nothing functionally, and I bet most people won't even notice it.

Look at the Steelers, Titans, and Cardinals, or the Wild, Jets, or for the perfect example, the Blackhawks. Just because a color is in the logo doesn't mean it has to be on the jersey. If anything, you can make it really pop with that extra bit of color on the crest.

It works...but I think simplifying would make it better.

I respectfully disagree with this. If they were a professional team then I might agree with this. However, the name and the logo are so ...comical but awesome that I feel the jerseys should show that too. I really like these jerseys they are solid, maybe I would even vote for a more wacky design.

I think it's a great improvement. The ONLY thing that jumps out at me is the thin white stripes between the oranges on the white jersey. Idk if it would be better without that stripe, or with the stripe between the light orange and the blue instead of between oranges, but I see why you did it and it looks perfect on the blue jersey. Maybe you should play around with that and see if another combination works, maybe it's me. Something else might work, but it might not. It's the only thing that catches my eye in an otherwise very eye-pleasing design, and maybe that's being too critical.

Which leads me to something I'm surprised I hadn't noticed before. Do they wear white at home in the ECHL still? It makes perfect sense to have the logo without the wordmark (your alt logo) on home jerseys, where they should know who the team is, and it makes sense to have the wordmark on the road where they might not (the baseball effect: team name on home, city name on road). The opposite isn't true, though, putting the team name at home but just the logo on the road doesn't really help anybody. If the ECHL wears white at home, it's a moot point and I'll shut up, but if not, you probably should swap the logos or go wordmark logo on both.

btw, love the Rangers jersey. Genius idea and it would sell. You might even see some at MSG, that's how clever it is.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Even though I usually hate rip offs with jersey designs from other teams, I LOVE the Rangers Alt.

I made the Ranger style alt due to the fact that they have used a Rangers home jersey for an alt in the past and just recolored their logo to it. They are the ECHL affiliate to the Rangers.

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

Archived