short lived and/or whacky NBA/NCAA court designs and NFL/NCAA endzones

I have no idea if this thread has be done or not, so if this has been done i apologize. But what are some NBA/NCAA court designs and NFL/NCAA endzone designs that were extremely short lived or just really unique/weird.

One i can think of was the New Orleans Pelicans first court design that only lasted that one season

court_small1-610x400.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

13761416043_5188aa1894_b.jpg

Of all the Cavs' courts, this was my favorite. A little drab for some people, but it was really clean. I'm not a fan of the current court at all, but I probably won't have to wait long for another one to replace it. By my count, since the Cavs overhauled their brand for the 2002-03 season, they've had six court designs.

clevelandcavs.jpg

Never seen that Cavs court before. Wow.

I remember that one. Went with these uniforms in 1995:

numbers_9_130920.jpg?itok=omP23yP9

cavspaint.jpg

knicks-vs-cavs-1995.jpg

Points to you for posting an image with "1995 NBA Playoffs" on the court. Geesh, almost forgot that color-scheme ever saw postseason basketball.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

clevelandcavs.jpg

cavspaint.jpg

knicks-vs-cavs-1995.jpg

Points to you for posting an image with "1995 NBA Playoffs" on the court. Geesh, almost forgot that color-scheme ever saw postseason basketball.

Speaking of that playoff logo ... HORRIBLE placement, practically hugging the 3-point line. Sheesh.

clevelandcavs.jpg

cavspaint.jpg

knicks-vs-cavs-1995.jpg

Speaking of that playoff logo ... HORRIBLE placement, practically hugging the 3-point line. Sheesh.

That immediately caught my attention as well.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• 3 weeks later...

12308429765_8c3d0b7a0e_b.jpg

Was this from the Iceman era? What a unique color balance. I'd like to see a college basketball team from Alaska with this.

13543257335_1fcd24dba4_z.jpg

13543306985_82950cb1f0_z.jpg

That first court looks pretty silly with all those roundel logos, especially the tiny center-court design. And does that second court mean the 76ers were BFBS before the Iverson era? That center-court design is actually awesome, but the rest of the court sucks.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Archived