Philadelphia Eagles Update concept

davidp94

green%20copy_zps0hsu04fa.png

white%20copy_zps8bcwky88.png

black%20copy_zpsawpztia0.png

Ever since the Eagles started using the Nike template with the thicker collar, I thought that the jerseys just looked a bit uneven. So by adding the shoulder bit and the (now extinct) side stripe, I thought it would make jersey look a bit more even in terms of colors if that makes sense. As for the font, the font the Eagles use now is a little outdated I guess and I'm not really feeling it anymore, so I changed it to a more modern look. Finally the helmet, I think a gradient helmet can look good if it is done correctly, so I thought I'd try it with this concept and I think it looks really good. Its tasteful and not as crazy as the Jags helmets.

I didn't intend this to be a huge redesign, just an update to modernize the Eagles look under Nike.

For a Kelly Green concept, you can find it here

gloves%20copy_zpsndr54m15.png

logo%20copy_zpszsofp1gh.png signature%20copy_zpstrwmpyrx.png logo%20copy_zpszsofp1gh.png

@D_Parky

Please go to kelly green! But that's really good. The helmet is what my favorite Jaguars (yes it's true) SHOULDVE done but using real. THATS how you put a gradient on the helmets. NFL and colleges take notes. Very good overall, maybe try midnight green face masks? Just an idea! Great job with pants stripes to make it a fade but not a gradient. Good choice there. I like it!

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

1. with the black jersey, you have solid green side panels that butt right up against a solid black pants stripe. Will look really mismatched in reality.

2. I think I get where you're going with the number font, but it's not working. The notch isn't visible on the white jerseys due to lack of contrast between green and black. Make the point actually extend from the number, instead of a jagged slash inside of it. Basically reverse what you did, so the numbers more resemble the E and S in the wordmark.

3. the helmet gradient looks cool on its own, but with the wing on there it's a little much. The wing is really the focal point of the helmet, and doesn't need anything drawing attention away from it. IMO gradient helmets work best when there's a more plain logo, or a wordmark.
4. There's nothing inherently wrong with making the sleeves a differnet color than the body, but that part of the uniform is becoming so small that I don't know if it's a really effective change. No harm with it though.

Overall, these don't seem to gain anything over the current set. It's not a bad design, but there's nothing special about it. It feels like change for the sake of change, rather than to make any kind of statement.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I've always been a fan of the black and midnight green combo, even though most on here despise it. This is actually right up my alley. Not afraid of side panels or colors close in shade...the uniform design is cool, especially on the pants. I could see a CFL team wearing something like this, at least.

green%202%20copy_zpsfcz4fmrf.png

white%202%20copy_zpsiiwvczq3.png

black%203%20copy_zpsx4lqjubd.png

There was some negative feedback on the side stripes so I got rid of them and here is the result.

I also should have explained this in the first post but for some reason I didn't, better late then never. But ever since the Eagles started using the Nike template with the thicker collar, I thought that the jerseys just looked a bit uneven. So by adding the shoulder bit and the now extinct side stripe, I thought it would make jersey look a bit more even if that makes sense. As for the font, the font the Eagles use now is a little outdated I guess and I'm not really feeling it anymore, so I changed it to a more modern look. Finally the helmet, I think a gradient helmet can look good if it is done correctly, so I thought I'd try it with this concept and I think it looks really good. Its tasteful and not as crazy as the Jags helmets.

I didn't intend this to be a huge redesign, just an update to modernize the Eagles look under Nike.

logo%20copy_zpszsofp1gh.png signature%20copy_zpstrwmpyrx.png logo%20copy_zpszsofp1gh.png

@D_Parky

This is a really nice set! I like the sleeve caps. I would like to see kelly green, but I think this is fine if you don't change it.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

I am also not a fan of the gradient helmets or the all-black uniform (or any NFL monochrome uniforms) and I would definitely change back from midnight green to Kelly green. I would also go with silver pants with both the green and the white jerseys.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived