Portland Cascades NHL Expansion

TrueNorth13

My newest NHL Expansion concept is a truly unique name, at least to the best of my knowledge it is. I wanted to make a Portland team and upon researching Portland, I saw that some of the first inhabitants of the area were the Cascade Indians. So was created the Portland Cascades. The primary logo is a C with waterfalls, or cascades, streaming down. I know it may be a little busy, but I freehanded the waterfalls, so it won't be perfect. I wanted to incorporate the native part of the name so with the alternate, I created an arrowhead with rivers running through it. The rivers form the shape of a rose, to represent Portland as the Rose City. The team colours are based from the Portland flag. The green and yellow are primary, while the blue is kind of an accent colour, plus, the water is blue. Good C&C is appreciated. Just saying, this is my first completely original concepts. I freehanded the waterfalls and rivers and arrowhead, so if its not perfect, its because I'm not the best at drawing. Also, just in case TRoyConcepts, I think is his username, shows up, this concept isn't for real use. It's purely for myself and whoever wants to look at it.

AkF5SAH.png

fZFloRY.png

Vu6wxzF.png

I guess that would work. So would you suggest to put the C on the shoulder? Just swap them? I was pretty proud that the arrowhead rose turned out like I wanted. I was trying for what Toblerone does with the bear in the mountain. I'll try and swap the logos. Tomorrow.

This is a great concept, but I think the arrowhead as the main logo would look sharper.

Totally agreed. I think the "C" logo would be better as an alternate. Otherwise, everything is very good, nice work.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

@wquarton The amount of colours can't and won't be changed. The reason I have the grey in there is because rocks aren't usually yellow or green or blue. So I made them grey to make it look like rocks. Also, the Blackhawks have so many colours in their primary, yet nobody complains about it. Also, I probably won't change much. I just usually make one concept and see what people think, because in the end, my concepts are usually just for me, so if I like it, I keep it the way it is. Apprectiate the C&C though:)

Archived