City Tourism/C.o.C. logos

29texan

Toronto's flag, if it applies here, looks weak yet its story helps a bit...

Torontoflag.jpg

It's not just a 'T', it's to emulate Toronto City Hall's two towers...

Toronto-City-Hall-Canada-145x150.jpg

That current flag was introduced once Metropolitan Toronto amalgamated into one Toronto proper... I guess they figured the one city hall could be used as a symbol.

If you didn't know all that, it really does look like a weaksauce 'T'/embracing arc style generic.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Toronto's flag, if it applies here, looks weak yet its story helps a bit...

Torontoflag.jpg

It's not just a 'T', it's to emulate Toronto City Hall's two towers...

Toronto-City-Hall-Canada-145x150.jpg

That current flag was introduced once Metropolitan Toronto amalgamated into one Toronto proper... I guess they figured the one city hall could be used as a symbol.

If you didn't know all that, it really does look like a weaksauce 'T'/embracing arc style generic.

I didn't realize it was supposed to resemble City Hall...

I think it's a good flag.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

I didn't realize it was supposed to resemble City Hall...

I think it's a good flag.

It looks so pedestrian, like a public school flag or something. Then again, that's Toronto for you... everything council does is the safer choice.

Further context, just because... Toronto's coat of arms is pretty sweet...

Toronto-Coat-of-Arms.png

That thing should be front & centre or at least featured on the city's flag.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Personally, I hate ours:

Visit_Indy_logo_15col.jpg

I don't hate the idea of a script but this one just is not well done. Look at that N…LOOK AT IT!!!

Should have made the loop in the Y turn into the Indianapolis Motor Speedway oval...

Denver's is pretty trite:

visit%20denver%20logo.gif

Look, another Colorado city with a mountain logo:

COS-LOGO-COLOR-HOR-small.png

Here is the logo for Tourism Nanaimo (Nanaimo Economic Development uses the same logo).

Nanaimo_TOURISM_Logo_wTag_PROCESS_COATED

From the February 2013 press release announcing the new logo:

The logo was designed with six symbols which represent the inclusivity, economic opportunity and the diversity of our community.
The symbols include;
Leaf - represents clean technology, eco-tourism, the environment, growth and Aboriginal heritage
Home - represents residential, community, hospitality, and lifestyle;
Star - represents arts, culture and sport tourism
Square - represents industry, investment, and retail;
Diamond/Grad Hat - represents education and a skilled workforce
Sail – represents marine activity, harbour, nearby Islands

I can haz sig?

Chamber of Commerce - not much to look at. If they were going for dull, uninspiring and lifeless I think they hit the nail on the head.

coc-logo.png

Toursim logo is okay - have had better and worse over the years. Flag and coat of arms more interesting looking.

thunder_bay_flag.png

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

http://visitzanesville.info/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/zmco_logotype_color_blue_bg_white.jpg

On mobile, but I couldn't find the logo for my hometown, so o chose the closest place that has a logo, which is about 40 minutes away.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Anaheim used to run the entire Orange County tourism thing for a long time until this past year when they wanted to market themselves instead of the whole county. Now they have this nondescript "Visit Anaheim" logo:

logo.png

This is the one on the Visit Orange County website, playing right into the whole pop culture thing. And for that reason, I think it's awful. We're more than that. (And if you're from here, you don't call it "The" any way.) Forever summer is fine.

kpjvhc-21coc1large.jpg

Closer to me is my (basically) hometown of Laguna Beach. The script is very "Laguna Beach-y," for a term. You look at this logo and the colors, and if you've ever been to Laguna Beach, you'd say, "Yeah sure. That's it."

VisitLagunaBeach%20Logo-LetYourselfGo_0.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived