NHL 15-16: wife-beaters, adulterers, cokeheads, rapists, pill-poppers, AND METHODISTS

The_Admiral

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Torts referred to the Beej as "we" during some panel discussion and got everyone in a tizzy because they thought he tipped his hand about being contacted for the job. Then Columbus fans said Jarmo would never do that. Then Jarmo did that. Now everyone's freaking out. It's funny.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Todd Richards was never their guy. He had a winning record after taking over Scott Arniel's dumpster fire in 2011-2012. Then the mini-run they went on during 2012-2013 saved Richards' job, then they made the playoffs the next year. Couldn't fire him last year because the injuries weren't fair to any coach and they still managed to finish with a winning record. (Reminder: this roster with Dano, Anisimov, and Letestu won 42 games last year)

Now management finally had their excuse.

Either Torts learned some things with Vancouver and he'll be better or he's still the same maniac and this will be a disaster and we'll be back here again.

#BrownsofTheNHL

PvO6ZWJ.png

At least Torts is a coachy coach. Todd Richards reminded me of Richard Kind from Little Miss Sunshine, A Serious Man, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, inter alia:

o-RICHARD-KIND-570.jpg3two0314.jpg

They both look like they should be selling insurance but not very well.

The one ray of hope is that Torts might actually be fine in a country-club market like this one, like the coaching Bryzgalov. I can't see him making blood-enemies with beat writers for the freaking Columbus Dispatch, which I think owns the team anyway.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This team is beyond bad. I'd be surprised if Boudreau survives the road trip at this point. His strength has always been getting teams fat and happy during the regular season with his player-friendly style. But the moment they hit a slump there's nobody to dig them out of the hole. These slumps usually start near the end of a season and carry over a bit into the playoffs. He can't even get this team going this far into the season.

The Ducks hated Carlyle. I'd take that emotion over the carnival of indifference at this point.

Torts comes in, makes his statement and shakes things up by benching Ryan Johansen, the Beej blow a lead and fall 3-2 to Minnesota. Only 238 games left on your new head coach's contract, Jackets fans.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Capitals quietly building one if the best 1-2 punch in terms of best lines in the East or maybe even the NHL. Ovi-Kuznetsov-Oshie and Burakovsky/Johanssson-Backstrom-Williams is making waves. The capitals won another one in Vancouver and ar on a nice little run.

spacer.png

The Habs won in dominating fashion, 7-2 over the Sabres to stay a perfect 8-0-0. All wins in Regulation too. And what's funny is that the Sabres are the only other team to go 8-0-0. And for all the Habs haters who say that Carey Price is carrying the team on his back, I don't think that Price scored 7 goals, or even gave them the momentum to win like that...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

The Habs won in dominating fashion, 7-2 over the Sabres to stay a perfect 8-0-0. All wins in Regulation too. And what's funny is that the Sabres are the only other team to go 8-0-0. And for all the Habs haters who say that Carey Price is carrying the team on his back, I don't think that Price scored 7 goals, or even gave them the momentum to win like that...

As long as Price remains well protected, he will continue to have the chance to keep playing at the top of his game. Marc Bergervin is a wizard, when it comes to assembling 4 well-balanced hockey lines. Petry is amazing. Semin is performing well too. Everyone is really. I think this year he'll finally get his GM of the Year award, after coming up short the 2 previous years.

Also, I didn't forget to notice that the record belongs to a non-winning Cup team in the Buffalo Sabres. Hell, the Habs could go 82-0-0 and lose Carey Price and PK Subban in the 1st round. I'm glad the Habs are in the position they're in right now, but I know it's going to be a battle nonetheless come playoff time.

As long as Price remains well protected, he will continue to have the chance to keep playing at the top of his game. Marc Bergervin is a wizard, when it comes to assembling 4 well-balanced hockey lines. Petry is amazing. Semin is performing well too. Everyone is really. I think this year he'll finally get his GM of the Year award, after coming up short the 2 previous years.

Also, I didn't forget to notice that the record belongs to a non-winning Cup team in the Buffalo Sabres. Hell, the Habs could go 82-0-0 and lose Carey Price and PK Subban in the 1st round. I'm glad the Habs are in the position they're in right now, but I know it's going to be a battle nonetheless come playoff time.

Didn't the Sabres' streak end against the Thrashers in a shootout?

Archived