NHL 15-16: wife-beaters, adulterers, cokeheads, rapists, pill-poppers, AND METHODISTS

The_Admiral

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bah, let r/hockey have their fun. It's enjoyable to remind everybody why letting fans choose all stars is an abusable system.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I blame Kansas City.

I voted Jagr, Ovechkin, Toews, & McDavid. One account can only vote 10x... so ballot stuffing takes more work.

Fans-I appreciate your votes for All-Star game, but 3 on 3 would kill me,and i don't want to die yet:)Thank you for understanding. Too old:)

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

So, with a new stadium comes new lighting, right Oilers fans?

So that means they can finally see the team play better? Although many fans might just be happy not being able to see the crap games the Oilers play in...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I like Edmonton's lighting! Doesn't the low temperature of their lighting contribute to keeping the ice fast or something?

Hellebuyck's DOIN' THANGS with the Jets already. Where are they going to hide Pavelec now that he has no job to come back to?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Patrick Kane tied Bobby Hull's Blackhawks scoring streak record. I'm all for there being as many parallels between Patrick Kane and Bobby Hull as humanly possible.

Hawks are a dominant 11-10 during his streak.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Patrick Kane tied Bobby Hull's Blackhawks scoring streak record. I'm all for there being as many parallels between Patrick Kane and Bobby Hull as humanly possible.

Another parallel is that we have no evidence that either player raped anyone.

Another parallel is that we have no evidence that either player raped anyone.

This from the man who, on the day the allegations surfaced, stated as fact that Kaner bangs underage nonstop.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't doubt that he does! But it seems like there's a contingent of Hawks fans who are very disappointed that Kane didn't rape anybody. I'm disappointed that this team is last year's Sabres without him.

He probably did rape somebody, though. It's very possible he didn't rape somebody. But, based on statistical information regarding reported sexual assaults, it's probable he did. Short of the alleged victim recanting publicly and/or facing charges for filing a false police report, we'll never have any sort of certainty. Just probability.

And as for me, I'm disappointed that an all-world player on the team I like more than all the other teams is having a magnificent stretch of play, and all I can think about is, "God, what a sack of crap that guy is." And even if he isn't a rapist, he's still a sack of crap! "Yeah, but he's a statutory rapist, not a rapist rapist" isn't the highest of bars to clear, and nobody clears a bar like Patrick Kane, apparently.

I've used this line before, but I miss having my sports stick to sports - that is, back when I watched the games and knew next to nothing about what transpired outside the field of play. Because, really, it bothers me, and I no longer enjoy one of my favorite life distractions as much as I used to. That's entirely on me, and my inability thus far to separate the real-life stuff from the sports stuff. Obviously, 22,000-plus a night have no such issue.

All that said, I bought my 2-year-old son a Hawks jersey for Christmas yesterday, because there was one in his size for $20 at TJ Maxx. He gets excited and says "hockey" and "goooooal!" when I put it on TV. If he starts to like the sport when he gets a few years older, I'd love to take him to games and help him follow and love hockey. So, I've got some conflicted feelings going on. And as a fan, I'm not a fan.

I don't doubt that he does! But it seems like there's a contingent of Hawks fans who are very disappointed that Kane didn't rape anybody. I'm disappointed that this team is last year's Sabres without him.

As somebody who watched last year's Sabres... slow down the hyperbole train!

They have one scoring line, three and-a-half defensemen, and a $10.5M AAV captain who's Dustin Brown all of a sudden. Maybe not Buffalo, but certainly no recipe for success.

2018 World Jrs in Buffalo slated to have an outdoor game.

While of course they'd want Canada v USA, that matchup is wholly dependent on the IIHF's rankings heading into the tournament.

If they were in opposing groups, I'd venture they might even try a doubleheader.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Archived