NHL 15-16: wife-beaters, adulterers, cokeheads, rapists, pill-poppers, AND METHODISTS

The_Admiral

I don't like Sodboy's team, but I respect what he said and think it's very insightful. A good example of what being a well balanced sports fan looks like in 2015.

In other news, I'm curious to see later on which version of my crap sandwich shows up on the ice at the Centre de Honda later on. The competent crew with three balanced lines or the continued existence of Mike Brown.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't doubt that he does! But it seems like there's a contingent of Hawks fans who are very disappointed that Kane didn't rape anybody. I'm disappointed that this team is last year's Sabres without him.

There definitely was a contingent of Hawks fans who wanted to hang him no matter what the outcome of the case was because they wanted someone to make an example out of, even if it meant condemning someone who is (as it currently appears) innocent.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I've used this line before, but I miss having my sports stick to sports - that is, back when I watched the games and knew next to nothing about what transpired outside the field of play. Because, really, it bothers me, and I no longer enjoy one of my favorite life distractions as much as I used to. That's entirely on me, and my inability thus far to separate the real-life stuff from the sports stuff. Obviously, 22,000-plus a night have no such issue.

All that said, I bought my 2-year-old son a Hawks jersey for Christmas yesterday, because there was one in his size for $20 at TJ Maxx. He gets excited and says "hockey" and "goooooal!" when I put it on TV. If he starts to like the sport when he gets a few years older, I'd love to take him to games and help him follow and love hockey. So, I've got some conflicted feelings going on. And as a fan, I'm not a fan.

There's no doubt that Patrick Kane is really good at hockey. I enjoy watching him play it. I don't like seeing him do anything else and don't want to wear any merchandise with his name or number on it.

I still and always will like the Blackhawks, even if I think their decision to keep him was the wrong one, even if he was innocent of this particular accusation. It all just further cements that human beings are too grey to look at as heroes, especially when money and drugs and all manner of irresponsibility clouds their everyday lives and changes them as people.

That's not to excuse him or anyone else. It's just how it is. It's ugly and ultimately about making money.

I don't have kids, but if I did it would be pretty difficult to talk to them about how I feel about the whole situation.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Short of the alleged victim recanting publicly

Isn't this basically what happened? Especially in concert with the district attorney writing a release of unprecedented harshness. I think we passed the point of women being delicate fawns that the patriarchy is out to crush. This was some idiot wasting people's resources.

Anyway, this is getting too anti-thread. The Blackhawks are not very good and should make an effort to be less not good. One guy has been involved with 58% of the goals to this point. That's not encouraging.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2018 World Jrs in Buffalo slated to have an outdoor game.

While of course they'd want Canada v USA, that matchup is wholly dependent on the IIHF's rankings heading into the tournament.

If they were in opposing groups, I'd venture they might even try a doubleheader.

Speculation on the radio is that the Sabres will try to spin the Juniors outdoor game into getting the Winner Classic, as well. The NHL would presumably get to split the costs of building the rink with the IIHF, so I don't think it's crazy. It's not a lot of money in the grand scheme of things, but it seems like an NHL thing to do. The NHL doesn't have to make any commitment any time soon, so they can sit back and wait to see if the Sabres are a halfway decent candidate in a couple of years.

2018 World Jrs in Buffalo slated to have an outdoor game.

While of course they'd want Canada v USA, that matchup is wholly dependent on the IIHF's rankings heading into the tournament.

If they were in opposing groups, I'd venture they might even try a doubleheader.

Speculation on the radio is that the Sabres will try to spin the Juniors outdoor game into getting the Winner Classic, as well. The NHL would presumably get to split the costs of building the rink with the IIHF, so I don't think it's crazy. It's not a lot of money in the grand scheme of things, but it seems like an NHL thing to do. The NHL doesn't have to make any commitment any time soon, so they can sit back and wait to see if the Sabres are a halfway decent candidate in a couple of years.

Maybe if not another Winter Classic, surely one of the silly Stadium Series games. If McDavid is flowin' by then, with Eichel, the league & NBC would be silly not to set it up.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

How was it the wrong decision to keep Kane? Yeah, he's got an alcohol problem but he's hardly the only player in the league or in sports as a whole who does. What should be done about the massive cocaine problem that the NHL has? You'd have to get rid of a lot of players if you started throwing out everyone who has a drug problem. I would hope that we, as a society, are at the point where we can start moving towards helping those with drug problems rather than stigmatizing them.

Every indication points to him being innocent of the crime he was accused of. Should any person falsely accused of a crime be denied the chance to reclaim the life they had before the accusations surfaced? You just want Kane to be made an example of, even though in this case he did nothing wrong. There's a principle in law known as innocent until proven guilty. Sadly it doesn't apply in the court of public opinion and sadly you're going along with that tide.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Assist on a Panarin empty-netter in the last minute and Kane breaks the franchise record at 22 games.

The sixth-place Jets are not in the playoff picture at 28 points, the third-place Coyotes are at 27 (and four regulation losses in a row). This is dumb.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Assist on a Panarin empty-netter in the last minute and Kane breaks the franchise record at 22 games.

The sixth-place Jets are not in the playoff picture at 28 points, the third-place Coyotes are at 27 (and four regulation losses in a row). This is dumb.

And now tied with the Anaheim Ducks, who are one win away from "Bettman .500" and also one point behind the 2nd-place Sharks.

Things are nice.

Also, John Gibson continues to make his case as "DA FUTURE" with another win and allowing just the one goal. 4-2-1, 1.44 GAA, .944 SV%, 2 shutouts (shoulda coulda woulda been three if not for Ducks' Chicago brainfart.). Andersen has just been sick and backed up Gibson tonight, so I'm not saying his starting spot is out. But to send Gibson back to San Diego just so he continues to see full starter's minutes seems unfair at this point. Gibson is an NHL goalie and Khudobin is unreliable as a backup, but you want to get both Andersen and Gibson starter's minutes. Also remember, Gibson already has the three-year extension. Andersen doesn't have a contract for next season, but he'll be a RFA.

Freddie is fine, but idk, I get the impression that if these Ducks ever win the Cup, it'll be with Gibson in net. I feel he has the higher ceiling and that extra "edge" that, to me, Andersen lacks.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Hamuis took an awful puck to the mouth. Yeesh.

I saw the picture of him bleeding and I'm not sure I want to watch the video. Ow...

Archived