NHL 15-16: wife-beaters, adulterers, cokeheads, rapists, pill-poppers, AND METHODISTS

The_Admiral

"We like that element."

Patrick Kane's point streak ends, like the visas of several Russian women, at the hands of Semyon Varlamov.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mod edit

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

An old guy who plays 100% defense and has no offensive ability? Quenneville's Christmas come early. That being said, as a fan, I don't care. Team's gonna get in the playoffs, probably challenge for a cup, and as far as I'm concerned we're just playing with house money at this point. I've seen them win 3 cups and that's an amazing feeling and experience.

Acquiring some old bum for some young bum doesn't change anything.

Daley has been in the NHL just as long as Scuderi, maybe longer by a couple weeks. Crazy to think about Daley being in the league since before Lockout II.

The shred of hope I have with Scuderi is that for all the complaining Pens fans have been doing about him, a check of his stats shows that he's been playing like 20 minutes a night! Well, obviously, that's stupid! Play him like ten minutes a night and maybe he won't be so bad. That and the fact that he probably won't play every night, but then again, Brandon Mashinter is STILL HERE...

Oh my god, he's 32? Holy hell was I off.

Old bum for older bum. There.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The Ducks are either going to storm back in their crappy division or have another one of their gap years where they draft high (Fowler, Lindholm) and go right back to being elite.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They haven't been elite since 07. Keler's deal is basically a Pujols for the Ducks, or at least a Hamilton. Or maybe that's Bieksa's. Either way, teams that go "all in" and hand out huge contracts don't typically recover quickly.

It was nice to see Matt Nieto do something good for once since he's been long overdue and help tie a game that the Sharks probably had no business winning. I anticipate a nice letdown tonight against them fightin' Sens, but at least they get a day of rest before they get hammered by L.A. and Chicago.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Meanwhile, Ray Shero has the Devils playing way better than they have any right to, probably because he had the good sense to pull John Hynes out of W-B/S before the Pens could.

Still, how do you look at a general manager who had missed five postseasons in a row while stating a commitment to not drafting defensemen because it was too time-consuming to wait out their development, which you had plenty of time to do as you were missing five postseasons in a row, and say "I like how this guy thinks"? I understand that the Penguins have some sort of wunderkind assistant GM in the wings, but if he's so smart, put him in charge of the team before Jim Rutherford can ruin it like he ruins everything.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Meanwhile, Ray Shero has the Devils playing way better than they have any right to, probably because he had the good sense to pull John Hynes out of W-B/S before the Pens could.

Still, how do you look at a general manager who had missed five postseasons in a row while stating a commitment to not drafting defensemen because it was too time-consuming to wait out their development, which you had plenty of time to do as you were missing five postseasons in a row, and say "I like how this guy thinks"? I understand that the Penguins have some sort of wunderkind assistant GM in the wings, but if he's so smart, put him in charge of the team before Jim Rutherford can ruin it like he ruins everything.

No no no, we here in Caps nation love Jim Rutherford.

spacer.png

Knowing my history with Brendan Rodgers (head over to about pages 20-21 in the International Football thread to see what I mean), it seems weird to say this, but: the Capitals showed great character last night. Older versions of this team would've threw in the towel after going into the first intermission down 3-1 against arguably the league's best goalie. But no, they kept going and hung 4 in a row on King Henrik, and then put two more up on the backup.

One of the Caps' biggest weaknesses in past years has been secondary scoring behind Ovi. Well, after last night, the caps have 5 players (including Ovi) at 10 goals or more. They have three players (Backstrom, Ovi, Kuznetsov) with 30 or more points. They have a Vezina-caliber goalie.

Things aren't going too bad right now.

spacer.png

Look, Columbus, there's no rule saying you can't fire Torts this season.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Didn't think that the Sharks had that in them tonight :).

Also the Canucks occupy a playoff slot at the moment with a record of 13-14-9.(Though they've played more games then the Flames and Yotes)

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived