NHL 15-16: wife-beaters, adulterers, cokeheads, rapists, pill-poppers, AND METHODISTS

The_Admiral

The people who are actually mad that he won't be there are being just as pathetic. You do realize he didn't deserve to be there in the first place, right? The NHL is a private company, they can do whatever they feel like doing. People need to realize that. If you want to boycott the game because YOU feel an injustice was made by not allowing him to play in the ASG, just remember that many people feel there was an injustice made when a bunch of jokers got him there in the first place.

If you're gonna make a vote, do it right. Everybody.

The league lost all credibility when they turned the ASG into a bullsheet 3 on 3 mini tournament. They shouldn't have been shocked or surprised when fans reacted by making a mockery of the vote and I for one will vote for anyone I damn well please. I'd even take it a step further and say that those who you think "deserve" to be there would much rather take the three days off and rest. Heck, if I were a player I'd pull a Sidney Crosby, say I was injured, pay the fine and call it a day.

Then again this is the league where your back up goalie yesterday can be your GM today.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, I didn't vote for John Scott, and I probably won't be watching the All-Star Game anyways. And sure, the guy wasn't ever going to make an All-Star Game normally (AHL or NHL), and there's definitely a serious argument here to be made against fan votes in the first place; but when a player does win the fan vote and the league actively tries to prevent him from participating? Frankly it doesn't matter who the player is, that's a load of crap, straight-up.

The league doesn't want to be embarrassed by a fourth-line goon in the All-Star Game? Honestly, for me, preventing him from playing is more embarrassing to the league than anything he could have done (or have not done) at the game(s).

You know, I didn't vote for John Scott, and I probably won't be watching the All-Star Game anyways. And sure, the guy wasn't ever going to make an All-Star Game normally (AHL or NHL), and there's definitely a serious argument here to be made against fan votes in the first place; but when a player does win the fan vote and the league actively tries to prevent him from participating? Frankly it doesn't matter who the player is, that's a load of crap, straight-up.

The league doesn't want to be embarrassed by a fourth-line goon in the All-Star Game? Honestly, for me, preventing him from playing is more embarrassing to the league than anything he could have done (or have not done) at the game(s).

The league deserves to be embarrassed, because they already had this happen years ago with Rory Fitzpatrick and they didn't do anything to fix it. Fitzpatrick wasn't actively bad like Scott, but the NHL should have seen this coming.

Hagelin was putrid. I can't believe Ranger fans were bemoaning losing him when the trade happened. Ducks basically traded Palmieri AND Etem to get him, which makes it worse. And then gave him an extension before training camp.

I'm surprised Hagelin didn't work out better for Anaheim. He always seemed to be a useful piece for the Rangers. I wonder if maybe they lost too many system guys in Palmieri, Etem, and Beleskey, guys who had come up through the AHL and were good enough role-players, guys who gave the whole thing some continuity. The Ducks' roster looked good on paper to start the year, but maybe they were too much "a collection of players," I don't know.

It sure has been a bumpy road for Perron since he left the Blues, huh. There was no point to him being in Edmonton, he wasn't the missing piece in Pittsburgh, now he'll try the Ducks for a while.

EDIT: wtf wait Hagelin is signed for three more years after this? Rutherford!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Also Hagelin has a NTC which kicks in next year.

With Hagelin now gone and Perron a UFA at the end of the season, it's essentially a cap move with all the RFA's the Ducks have to sign this offseason.

And Etem wasn't really a system guy. He wasn't really anything at the NHL level. and I believe he would have been traded away from Anaheim at some point anyways.

IEI5Tg1.png

Also Hagelin has a NTC which kicks in next year.

STOP LETTING JIM RUTHERFORD DO THINGS

Upon further review, General Fanager says it is a modified NTC where there is an 8 team list of teams he couldn't be traded to. General Fanager also says since the NTC isn't active yet, the Penguins aren't bound to it unless they elect to.

So it's not as bad I guess?

IEI5Tg1.png

BE A PART OF WHALERMANIA

I think was a few short weeks before the Whalers organization held a parade...for making the playoffs.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Thanks to the wonderful trade and demotion, John Scott in St. John's is closer to Warsaw, Poland than he is to his pregnant wife in Phoenix.

Not necessarily, his wife went back to Michigan

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Thanks to the wonderful trade and demotion, John Scott in St. John's is closer to Warsaw, Poland than he is to his pregnant wife in Phoenix.

Not necessarily, his wife went back to Michigan

That's better... only 1,500 miles or so.

Archived