the admiral

NHL 15-16: wife-beaters, adulterers, cokeheads, rapists, pill-poppers, AND METHODISTS

Kuznetsov will take Ovi's spot in the lineup and Tavares will be the new captain for the metro team. 

3 hours ago, CRichardson said:

Suspending someone for missing the game due to injury (Ovechkin) or illness (Toews) is beyond OITGDNHL.

Invoking the Crosby Rule in a year when the fans didn't vote in Crosby, so he could just quietly tell the league "I don't wanna" instead. Perfection.

4 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

And then instead of adding another Blackhawk or Someone else who's had a great year so far, aka Wheeler, Suter, or Koivu... (Not to be a homer, but...) they just add James Neal to the game... 

So so now in the Central, the Wild, Jets, Hawks, Blues, and Avs all have one All Star, Dallas has 2, and Nashville has 4... :mellow:

This actually pissed me off. Let's suck the wee wee of Nashville pride even more.

Do it long enough and you can get Tootsie's Apple Pie Shine sprayed all over your face.

Wheeler was arguably having a better season than Toews in the first place. James Neal, what crap.

At this point, it's about trying to find someone to go on really short notice.  That's why we often see home team guys get tabbed to replace those All-Stars that skip out so late....they're the ones most likely already in town or nearby.

For all we know, Wheeler and whomever else could have been the first choices for replacing Toews...and they either opted for sticking with their recess plans (many do go out of town or want to spend time with family, whatever) or opt for just taking a break.  As much as I crap on Crosby for skipping the All-Star weekend every season (although I will maintain it's deserved...he's the face of the league), I do understand why he does skip it.  These guys are so busy fulfilling league and sponsor obligations the entire weekend that there's little down time over the three days.  There are so many appearances these guys make over the weekend that generally don't get covered.

12 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Do it long enough and you can get Tootsie's Apple Pie Shine sprayed all over your face.

Now that´s a reference i had to google !

Wait... have we talked about this? How have we not talked about this?

NHL "fans" and country music "stars" Dierks Bentley, Vince Gill, Charles Kelley and Chris Young will serve as celebrity coaches for the All-Star Game. "Bentley, Gill, Kelley and Young will join NHL head coaches Gerard Gallant of the Florida Panthers, Lindy Ruff of the Dallas Stars, Darryl Sutter of the Los Angeles Kings and Barry Trotz of the Washington Capitals behind the bench."

...What? ...Why?

WE MUST DEFEND THE SANCTITY OF THE NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE ALL-STAR GAME! THINK OF THE CHILDREN! (LOL, nah. OITGDNHL.)

I love the NHL's logic next year the 100th Anniversary of the league and the Toronto Maple Leafs lets put the ASG in LALA land. Just think we can get a Kardashian on every bench. Gary Bettman and Roger Goodell must be in an contest to see who is the biggest jackass in sports.

Toronto's getting the Winter Classic and the entire World Cup of Hockey. I think they'll be okay.

8 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Toronto's getting the Winter Classic and the entire World Cup of Hockey. I think they'll be okay.

We're also getting the NBA Finals & World Series.  :flagcanada:

How is Nashville even going to host this All-Star Game when they don't let other teams' fans in the building?

59 minutes ago, the admiral said:

How is Nashville even going to host this All-Star Game when they don't let other teams' fans in the building?

Every guest has to sign a conversion form and may only cheer when Nashville players score.

46 minutes ago, TRoyConcepts said:

Every guest has to sign a conversion form and may only cheer when Nashville players score.

I heard it will be more like a cleansing ceremony.

0_bapt.jpg

NHL should finally ditch the ASG & take over New Year's Day complimenting the Winter Classic with some outdoor all star stuff.  They wouldn't even have to ship every last all star to the site what with home fans wanting most of all simply their own team playing the WC.  Of course they would probably have to eventually move the WC around to some warmer climates, to reach each major region of the league.  I still think a WC played outdoors in Cali, Florida, or wherever would still look fun on tv.

I'm actually kind of enjoying the Skills Competition. I'd be enjoying it a lot more, though, if Jeremy Roenick would just leave and never, ever come back. 

You could be watching Sportsnet instead, where Nick Kypreos somberly questioned the validity of Dylan Larkin's fastest skater time. THE SANCTITY OF THE SKILLS CHALLENGE MUST BE PRESERVED.

It is a minor goddamn miracle any player in this league still remembers how to have fun on the ice.

1 hour ago, Sodboy13 said:

You could be watching Sportsnet instead, where Nick Kypreos somberly questioned the validity of Dylan Larkin's fastest skater time. THE SANCTITY OF THE SKILLS CHALLENGE MUST BE PRESERVED.

It is a minor goddang miracle any player in this league still remembers how to have fun on the ice.

I was watching a countdown of Alex Ovechkin's top goals, which included commentary, when they cut to Don Cherry who proceeded to blast him for 2 minutes basically about how he celebrated too much early in his career.  He said he didn't play hockey The Canadian Way™ early in his career.

latest?cb=20140105221224

1 hour ago, Sodboy13 said:

It is a minor goddamn miracle any player in this league still remembers how to have fun on the ice.

I really don't have a problem with that. He's trying to fill up air time since there really isn't anything much to talk about and he also has a point. He technically doesn't deserve the record. It will probably go in the books as Gartner starting from red line and Larkin starting from blue line. What I hated about Sportsnet's feed was that annoyingly awful girl announcer they had talking to the players. "Do you even know who Mike Gartner is?" please stfu

17 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

I was watching a countdown of Alex Ovechkin's top goals, which included commentary, when they cut to Don Cherry who proceeded to blast him for 2 minutes basically about how he celebrated too much early in his career.  He said he didn't play hockey "the Canadian way" early in his career.

latest?cb=20140105221224

It can be summed up thusly:

25962_401739729917982_1697696924_n.jpg?o