NHL 15-16: wife-beaters, adulterers, cokeheads, rapists, pill-poppers, AND METHODISTS

The_Admiral

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, no. There's nothing actually consequential you can complain about because this format change is too big of an issue for you to get past.

I always assumed it but not it's clear as day. Tnak hates fun.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

14 hours ago, NJTank said:

What am I watching, does anybody think a 3 on 3 ASG tournament is a good idea?

20 minutes ago, NJTank said:

I would like a regular All-Star Game Eastern Conference vs Western Conference 5 on 5 I actually liked that.

Last year's game was terrible and the NHL all-star game has always been a defense free snooze fest scrimmage, but last year's game was especially bad. The 3 on 3 divisional tournament infused some life into the game, the bonus money seemed to really incentivize the players to try for once, and the players actually cared about winning. The final game was 1-0 fercryinoutloud! It resembled real hockey and it's the most excited I've ever been watching a hockey all star game. 

Even without John Scott stealing the show the new format worked really well and basically fixed most of the problems with the old exhibition. It was a more entertaining all-star game than the NFL's (I'm assuming. I watched Grease Live instead of the Pro Bowl). 

Plus, splitting players into 4 teams based on divisions is no different than splitting players into 2 teams based on conference. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

27 minutes ago, Geoff said:

So, no. There's nothing actually consequential you can complain about because this format change is too big of an issue for you to get past.

I always assumed it but not it's clear as day. Tnak hates fun.

He probably also thinks that they should ditch helmets and that the goalies are wimps behind their masks.  Old time hockey! Like Eddie Shore!

VmWIn6B.png

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Bettman hand Scott a million dollar check, simply for the odd and stupid nature of it, but it was sort of obnoxious to clear the road for reddit to suck themselves dry the entire evening.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

That's right and I also think that the player who wins the fight should get a penalty shot and the loser has to sit in the box and his team will be shorthanded for two mins. That will make things real fun like Blades of Steel

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

18 minutes ago, NJTank said:

That's right and I also think that the player who wins the fight should get a penalty shot and the loser has to sit in the box and his team will be shorthanded for two mins. That will make things real fun like Blades of Steel

latest?cb=20150210143007

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

10 hours ago, the admiral said:

Hockey's purest hero, flailing away like an idiot in a preseason game. Congratulations on your retard prom king.

So, Scott's an idiot for taking a poke at gutless slug Kessel?

Too bad he didn't connect.

Here's a good article written by Scott....A Guy Like Me

10 hours ago, NJTank said:

I would like a regular All-Star Game Eastern Conference vs Western Conference 5 on 5 I actually liked that.

The same format where you'd make that dumbassed "The All-Star Game: Where the only checks are in the mail" remark annually?

I actually liked the new 3 on 3 format as it did make the game more fast-paced. I've never watched a full All-Star Game in my life, but this year at least made it more intriguing. Really the only things I watch during the All-Star Weekend were the Fantasy Draft and Skills Comp. Since they didn't have the Draft this year the only thing I had to look forward to was the Skills Comp and my god how boring has it become.

We used to see mind-blowing tricks in the Breakaway Challenge and now all we see are gimmicks. Sure letting the kid score might have put a smile on a few faces, but I want to be awed by what these guys can do. Look back at Rob Schremp in the AHL Skills Comp some years back. That was entertainment and what I'd expect out of the Skills Comp, an actual demonstration of skills. The whole Twitter promotion ruined that event as well. Saad didn't know he was even gonna participate until maybe a few hours before. It gives them no time to even practice anything. With what is going on now it seems like no one is even putting in any effort and simply doing whatever pops into their mind first. 

No one cares how accurate your passing is and some may argue no one cares how accurate your shooting is. Fastest Skater and Hardest Shooter are somewhat more entertaining but you don't see anyone becoming flabbergasted with what they pull off. The shootout is solely there to fill time and in no one entertaining unless you take part which brings me onto another point.

You heard a lot about how the ASG is for the players to have fun, but it isn't. It's for the players to entertain, that's why they get paid millions of dollars. The Weekend is bringing in thousands of fans across the continent, they should at least be entertained. Sure this year they had John Scott to laugh at, but they won't have that next year. The players need to start caring, or at least I hope they start to because the Game is just going downhill like it has for a few years.

And now that the ASG is over, I'm starting to hear people talking about how they should just let the fans vote for the entire rosters. How more dumb can you be? The joke is only funny once. Chances are that John Scott will be retired next year without a contract, he's barely even playing in the AHL. If they allow that idea to happen, next year's ASG will be played by Rob Scuderi, Zac Rinaldo and Linden Vey. Luckily, this will never happen so all those who favor this idea should just give up.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

12 hours ago, the admiral said:

I didn't watch any of it. I haven't watched an All-Star Game since 2004 and don't intend to start again.

Now stop watching the regular season and the playoffs, and you can finally become the hockey fan you've always longed to be.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

12 hours ago, LMU said:

He probably also thinks that they should ditch helmets and that the goalies are wimps behind their masks.  Old time hockey! Like Eddie Shore!

Puttin' on the foil, coach!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Apparently the Vault feature has been either accidentally or intentionally removed, either of which seems just as plausible as the other when it comes to the NHL.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

1 hour ago, 2001mark said:

omg NHL.com is horrid now... they've gone from the best league site to some mobile friendly bs.

Oh well... another deleted from my bookmarks.

God it is it ever...  Why do they have to destroy something that was so successful.

Archived