NHL 15-16: wife-beaters, adulterers, cokeheads, rapists, pill-poppers, AND METHODISTS

The_Admiral

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/30/2015 at 5:46 AM, zpqmaowl said:

Going to post it now for the chance at future bragging rights (but more likely future mockery): The Anaheim Ducks are making the playoffs this year.

EYvOoZ5.png

Guess who's in a playoff spot after winning 6 straight, 8 of last 10 and going 13-3-1 since the Christmas break?

IbjBaeE.png

5 hours ago, the admiral said:

Six teams in last with 47 points, 4 1/2 of them are Canadian. Parity!

You see a six-way tie for last; I see the Sabres one point out of 25th! It's a big improvement from the 35th place they were in last year... they only had 54 points all year. Hard to believe there were two teams that bad.

I thought I'd post this from earlier in the week... Mike Babcock's response regarding concussions...

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2016/02/04/mike-babcocks-take-on-concussions-baffling-feschuk.html

“Well, I think when a player says he’s okay to play and keeps playing, he’s okay to play,” Babcock said.   

Added, jokingly(?), how he puts pressure on his trainers to get anyone who might've been hit in the head to hurry up so he can get them back on the ice, for PPs or PKs if that's their role.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

20 hours ago, the admiral said:

holy :censored: rams80 is married! I don't think this ever came up! Congratulations.

Agreed. I'm completely puzzled as to how and why rams80 never brought up his marriage on an internet message board. rams, you have some explaining to do...

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

1 hour ago, Cosmic said:

You see a six-way tie for last; I see the Sabres one point out of 25th! It's a big improvement from the 35th place they were in last year... they only had 54 points all year. Hard to believe there were two teams that bad.

It's not that hard to believe....the GM's put together rosters that didn't give them the best chance to win games.  Their GM's weren't actively trying to win games.

The Coyotes were doing fine to begin with and then hit the eject button around January. The Sabres were designed to be awful from day one and still barely finished below Phoenix. Players play for Ted Nolan!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

6 minutes ago, the admiral said:

The Coyotes were doing fine to begin with and then hit the eject button around January. The Sabres were designed to be awful from day one and still barely finished below Phoenix. Players play for Ted Nolan!

That was totally true in like 1996!  Like for real!  He was the spoonful of sugar to help the medicine of the tank go down... except the sugar had been in the cupboard way too long and had all kinds of bugs in it.

So went to the Islanders-Oilers game today. Isles got off their skid with a huge 8-1 performance. The Oilers are still terribawful. As for Barclays Center, it ain't no Coliseum and it sure as hell ain't as easy as it should be (as in the LIRR terminal should've been extended to below Barclays a la MSG, but granted it's not awful either), but it is a real nice arena and not a bad place to watch a game.

I was toward the right side from the TV camera perspective of the arena, FWIW. My mileage would've totally varied on the other side.

Also, the Oilers are still terribawful

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Tonight's the night in Newark. Martin Brodeur The best goalie ever will see number 30 raised to rafters at the Prudential Center. He had a statue unveiled yesterday.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2016/02/marty_brodeur_statue_unveiled_devils_gets_emotiona.html

Martin_Brodeur_New_Jersey_Devils_Statue.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I know it's a little late to call them "midseason" awards but I'm kind of bored so here goes.

CRABCAKE47'S SORTA-MIDSEASON NHL AWARDS

Vezina: Braden Holtby, WAS - Simply the best goalie in the NHL this year.  Tops in wins.  5 - count 'em - losses in regulation.  Corey Crawford gets consideration here for having the best season of his career, but in my mind there's no doubt who's been the best in the NHL this year. Runners-up: Corey Crawford, CHI; Petr Mrazek, DET

Jack Adams: Barry Trotz, WAS - I'll probably be called a homer for putting Trotz here instead of Gerard Gallant, but I'm okay with that.  Trotz has coached this team from a fringe playoff team to possibly the best in the NHL in just under two years.  He's getting the most out of the players out of any Caps coach I've seen since I started following hockey in 2010-11.  Runners-up: Gerard Gallant, FLA; Lindy Ruff, DAL

Norris: Erik Karlsson, OTT - Erik Karlsson is third in the NHL in points.  That's insane.  He is almost single-handedly keeping a very mediocre Ottawa team in the playoff picture, and, let's face it, the Norris almost always goes to the best offensive D-man in the league.  This year, that's Erik Karlsson.  Runners-up: John Klingberg, DAL; Ryan Suter, MIN

Calder: Artemi Panarin, CHI - This award is a two-horse race - and it's not the two horses we thought it'd be at the beginning of the season.  Artemi Panarin and Dylan Larkin are setting the NHL on fire this season, and Panarin has formed a dangerous partnership with Anakin Skywalker Patrick Kane.  I'm going with Panarin here simply because I'd literally never heard of him before this season.  Runners-up: Dylan Larkin, DET; Jack Eichel, BUF

Selke: Patrice Bergeron, BOS - Every year we talk about the same three people for the Selke - Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews.  And for good reason.  They are the three elite two-way forwards in the NHL.  Bergeron, however, is beyond elite.  Not only does he produce offensively, he takes crucial defensive zone faceoffs and kills penalties.  He is the Boston Bruins.  Runners-up: Jonathan Toews, CHI; Anze Kopitar, LAK

Hart: Anakin Skywalker Patrick Kane, CHI - Simply the most dominant player in the NHL.  Anyone who is a hockey fan knows this.  He is the NHL's leading scorer by a decent margin, and he doesn't even play on the first line.  You don't have to like him (I don't particularly), but you have to concede that he is, right now, the best player in the NHL.  Runners-up: Jamie Benn, DAL; Braden Holtby, WAS

spacer.png

Ottawa practially unloaded no roster players for this deal. Cowen and Greening are also on terrible contracts, while being a nearly regular scratch and playing in the minors respectively. Michalek's barely been healthy at all this season; and Lindberg, although he is a good prospect, is also playing in the AHL. Dion has a bad cap hit, but at least the Sens will be paying for an actual NHL player instead of two AHL quality players. Counting NHL players, the Sens actually gained nearly $2M in cap space.

Also, anyone who's following the Leafs or Marlies, how was Caisey Bailey turning out? I remember being a highly rated college prospect last year. 

And add another draft pick to the Leafs table. They're one away from tying the record right now? 

Edit: 2017 pick

Thanks for the inspiration, Torin

PhaneufSens.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived