NHL 15-16: wife-beaters, adulterers, cokeheads, rapists, pill-poppers, AND METHODISTS

The_Admiral

Offensive situation doesn't equate to offensive zone. Also, take a look at his playoff zone coverages. Yeah, not good. Karlsson doesn't deserve the Norris because he is too offensive-minded. He's the type of player that wants to make every situation an offensive situation which is risky compared to being defensive to maintain control. Here's his impeccable 1 on 1 skills. Being a good passer and skater doesn't make you a well-rounded defenceman. The players already voted Doughty as the best defenceman this year who is a grand example of such player. I'm not gonna argue further on this because it's not worth it. Neither of us are gonna change our opinions.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, TRoyConcepts said:

Offensive situation doesn't equate to offensive zone. Also, take a look at his playoff zone coverages. Yeah, not good. Karlsson doesn't deserve the Norris because he is too offensive-minded. He's the type of player that wants to make every situation an offensive situation which is risky compared to being defensive to maintain control. Here's his impeccable 1 on 1 skills. Being a good passer and skater doesn't make you a well-rounded defenceman. The players already voted Doughty as the best defenceman this year who is a grand example of such player. I'm not gonna argue further on this because it's not worth it. Neither of us are gonna change our opinions.

I was going to back off as well for the same reason, but that video yeesh...

You have two announcers from the opposing teams broadcast. The Root commentator who criticizes Karlsson's method of stopping Crosby on a 1 on 1 when he actually does manage to stop him while the play really being a 1 on 3. Then using presumably the same argument as you he says he's a defensive liability and only refers to his plus minus, which is misleading can be a team stat as much as an individual stat. Not to mention that if the game was actually from around or before February 2014, that stretch was some of the worst hockey I've ever seen the Senators play in the past decade.

As for the NESN commentator, I don't know if I can take him seriously just for his sensationalism. Saying he can't believe Karlsson won the Norris trophy after one defensive error, where if you watch you can see Neil nearly collide straight into Karlsson and pretty much prevents him from turning around.

He's a defenseman, he has errors, they all do. The way he plays the game he's had a lot of notable one's throughout his career. He's been improving on his defensive game every season though and is entering his prime, bad defensive plays from Karlsson are a rarity this year.

If you're satisfied to disagree, so am I.

Great job NHL.tv. Yet again, I have an account and try to access it on the laptop, yet am told I don't have an active account. However, the streaming I can get on my phone might suggest otherwise.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

1 hour ago, RyanMcD29 said:

siren.gifTHE WHITE SUV AT BARCLAYS CENTER HAS BEEN TRADED FOR A SILVER SUVsiren.gif

Self-reply, but wanted to add the most hilarious thing about that SUV is that they have flashing orange and blue lights underneath it every time the Islanders score.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

According to Randy Hahn, Peter Deboer said the last thing you want to do is a play guilty players when they are elite players. Apparently, DeBoer knows this team really, really well because they seem like they don’t want to play tonight.  Must be the weight of the hem stripes..

You it’s getting bad when the half full arena doesn’t even boo, they just sit there like, “Yup, this is the norm now, Sharks don’t like playing at home”  

I need a cookie...

It would be nice if the positives of having Connor McDavid on a team wasn't offset by the negatives of having Justin Schultz and Mark Fayne.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

9 hours ago, 2001mark said:

Connor McDavid should still win the Calder.

I think he's going to. He hasn't even played 20 games, and he's had a 5-point night...

WOW. Just WOW...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

14 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

siren.gifTHE WHITE SUV AT BARCLAYS CENTER HAS BEEN TRADED FOR A SILVER SUVsiren.gif

Damn! I was getting all excited because I was going to finally see the White SUV in person next week. So much for that I guess. :(

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

4 hours ago, chrysleraspen08 said:

Damn! I was getting all excited because I was going to finally see the White SUV in person next week. So much for that I guess. :(

Whatever you do wear your long underwear, a heavy coat and bring money for coffe/hot chocolate/hot toddy because the building is the coldest in the league.

3 hours ago, tp49 said:

La Presse out of Montreal is reporting Carey Price is now out for the season with an MCL sprain.  Management is not confirming.

We're fine without Price! Maybe even better off!! We're still #CUP-BOUND!!!! (:()

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

20 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

For the Auston Matthews Cup, sure.

Ptttbbbbbbbshhhhh..... No. The Habs are not Matthews bound, the Wild are... :(

4 hours ago, ninersdd said:

Mike Yeo has been canned by the Wild.

An awful event... Completely undeserving, but the Coach will always take the blame before the players... I really think it was the attitude of the players towards the game. Now you can blame the attitude on Yeo, but I don't think that was it. It was the fact that the Wild expect that by just being a team, that they'll be the top team that they've shown before. There're not playing like that team though. They're expected to be the underdog and play like that, but the Wild want to be the Blackhawks now. They aren't working like they need to be. Maybe it was Yeo... Maybe they didn't like him, but I don't think that's what it was...

:censored: yeah! That was fun.

Ducks win in Chicago in OT, and I made the trip! Fun environment, only had to endure two Chelsea Daggers, and didn't have anything thrown at me! (Although, you can keep this single digit wind chill thing.)

Until next time, Chicago

image.thumb.jpeg.ce93dd75cb5fac8f3638a31

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived