NHL 15-16: wife-beaters, adulterers, cokeheads, rapists, pill-poppers, AND METHODISTS

The_Admiral

8 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

An awful event... Completely undeserving, but the Coach will always take the blame before the players... I really think it was the attitude of the players towards the game. Now you can blame the attitude on Yeo, but I don't think that was it. It was the fact that the Wild expect that by just being a team, that they'll be the top team that they've shown before. There're not playing like that team though. They're expected to be the underdog and play like that, but the Wild want to be the Blackhawks now. They aren't working like they need to be. Maybe it was Yeo... Maybe they didn't like him, but I don't think that's what it was...

The Wild's Stadium Series game is coming up in a week. I knew a change would be coming about now if they hadn't turned things around in advance of their one moment in the league spotlight this year.

CCSLC signature.png

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

:censored: yeah! That was fun.

Ducks win in Chicago in OT, and I made the trip! Fun environment, only had to endure two Chelsea Daggers, and didn't have anything thrown at me! (Although, you can keep this single digit wind chill thing.)

Until next time, Chicago

Hey, it was almost 60 here a few days before Christmas. You should campaign Anaheim to try and schedule their Eastern road swings earlier in the year. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

My wife and I have started measuring the temperature by how hard you have to inhale through your nose to freeze your nose hairs. Positive Fahrenheit temperatures tomorrow will feel like Spring.

It always cracks me up when HFboards posters try to lump Columbus in with Gary Bettman's failed southern markets. I cleaned the ice and snow off of two cars for the third straight day this morning and I live 90 minutes southwest of Columbus. Ponds freeze in this part of the world. 

The Blue Jackets' tank is more like an open door jeep right now. 6-1-1 over the last 8. Time for the annual "Let's all save our NHL jobs and/or increase trade value" stretch. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

5 hours ago, McCarthy said:

The Blue Jackets' tank is more like an open door jeep right now. 6-1-1 over the last 8. Time for the annual "Let's all save our NHL jobs and/or increase trade value" stretch. 

Nobody :censored: s up quite like the Columbus Blue Jackets :censored: up. I should make t-shirts.

Wholly unrelated, but this just dawned on me the other night as my mind wandered over washing bottles at the kitchen sink: Is the Beej's mascot a deliberate nod to the old WHA Cincinnati Stingers? I don't know why I never connected the two before.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

50 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Nobody :censored: s up quite like the Columbus Blue Jackets :censored: up. I should make t-shirts.

Wholly unrelated, but this just dawned on me the other night as my mind wandered over washing bottles at the kitchen sink: Is the Beej's mascot a deliberate nod to the old WHA Cincinnati Stingers? I don't know why I never connected the two before.

That had never occurred to me before now, but I'm thinking happy accident. I think what happened is the branding agency they hired had no idea what to do with Blue Jackets so they made the mascot a yellow jacket wearing a blue jacket because that's kinda cute and fun. Based on the original management of the team it wouldn't surprise me if that's as far as they went with that thought process. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

The irony. A banker (okay, someone working at a bank, but still...) has to step in to help out the Yotes.

"Schoenfeld, who lives north of the Desert Ridge area in the Valley, is a relation’s manager at a bank and had the day off because of the President’s Day holiday."

1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

If the Canadiens keep playing Mike Condon, the Leafs are going to have competition for that prestigious 1st overall pick.

#TankForAuston

spacer.png

That would be the point. Congratulations on sorta getting it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

If the Beej (and their fans) are LUCKY ;), then they'll be eliminated by the Middle of March, and go one a huge win streak and just miss the playoffs... 

EDIT: Just found out that The latest call-up for the Devils, Joseph Blandisi, has quit Hockey in his rookie year to take up Olympic Diving. I mean, I think it's a little rediculus, but it's a cool story...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

So I know I'm late with this one, but through 55 games the Caps have 41 wins, which is tied with the 2007-08 Red Wings for most all-time. 

Regular season success is all well and good, but their success in the postseason will determine the true success of this season. 

spacer.png

I expected that the Wild's coaching change would light a big roaring fire under the players' butts going into Stadium Series week.

I did not expect crushing the Blackhawks in the Stadium Series game (5-0 with 15 minutes left as I post this) to be one of the results.

CCSLC signature.png

Archived