NHL 15-16: wife-beaters, adulterers, cokeheads, rapists, pill-poppers, AND METHODISTS

The_Admiral

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Oof. This entire page of discussion hurts to read, knowing what we know now.

Yup, just another story of Andrew Ladd letting down another city with his poor leadership. Good thing that Winnipeg had the right mind to dump the loser. What a waste.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

7 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

You can't go wrong with the classics. Just ask Lindsay from Accounts Payable.

It sucks to see Dano shipped off, because he's 20, has a high ceiling, and had a tough start to this season. But it's clear that Quenneville had made up his mind on him, so, hey, might as well get something.

Now to get a defenseman by Monday, because right now the Hawks' blueline is Keith and Hjalmarsson and SWEET JESUS EVERLOVING :censored: NO and that probably won't hold up in the playoffs.

1.  Very sad to see Dano go.  That was a very big piece of the Saad trade, arguably the one that made the Blackhawks "win" the deal, but his timeline is too long for what the Blackhawks are doing right now:  Winning tons of trophies.  I also kind of get the gist Bowman did it to prevent the Ducks or any other western conf. team from getting him.  

2.  Maybe Teuvo isn't safe after all.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

JEEZ I read my old posts and cringe every time. 

I knew Qstache wouldn't take to Dano. Creativity is only allowed if you're from North America. 

Dano is easily my favorite CBJ prospect of the last 10 years. I desperately want him back.  

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

JEEZ I read my old posts and cringe every time. 

I knew Qstache wouldn't take to Dano. Creativity is only allowed if you're from North America. 

Dano is easily my favorite CBJ prospect of the last 10 years. I desperately want him back.  

Unfortunately the Jets and Blue Jackets look like sellers...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I wouldn't worry much. The Hawks have a way of making these guys look like stars and with the perennial chokers pretty firmly in the hunt (Sharks, Blues, Preds), I think a trip back to the conference finals isn't as difficult as many of you would think. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

We all were laughing so hard during that 7-2 win over the Leafs a couple weeks ago, we didn't pay any attention to the Hawks giving up 40 shots on goal to them. And it wasn't like the team went into a shell and the SOG spiked once they got a comfy lead, either. The Hawks are having their worst season of shot suppression this decade. That could turn out to be a bit of an issue when you're trying to beat Not The Leafs 4 nights out of 7.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

12 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

We all were laughing so hard during that 7-2 win over the Leafs a couple weeks ago, we didn't pay any attention to the Hawks giving up 40 shots on goal to them. And it wasn't like the team went into a shell and the SOG spiked once they got a comfy lead, either. The Hawks are having their worst season of shot suppression this decade. That could turn out to be a bit of an issue when you're trying to beat Not The Leafs 4 nights out of 7.

And that would make most of the NHL happy. To see the Hawks slowly start to decline away... :D (Of course we all know it's not really going to happen, they'll make the playoffs every year until they've lost Toews, Kane, and Keith...)

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

8 hours ago, Cosmic said:

We thought the same thing about the Penguins the year they loaded up at the trade deadline.

Yeah, understood. Trade deadline success does not necessarily equate to playoff success. But this is the Blackhawks were talking about. These acquisitions, in my mind, cement them as Stanley Cup favorites ahead of the Caps (which, tbf, I thought Chicago should be considered favorites even before the deadline). 

spacer.png

Barring a miracle, it's looking like this years playoffs will be without a single Canadian team.  Chicago will either repeat or the cup will return to Los Angeles.  Might sound like sour grapes but I'm struggling to a find a single reason to care or even watch.  If the postseason is just going to consist of the Hawks and Kings exchanging cups, what is the point?  I don't expect every season to have a miracle run, by a Canadian team, like 2004 but knowing definitively that it can't happen as early as February is just depressing.

18 minutes ago, Morgo said:

Barring a miracle, it's looking like this years playoffs will be without a single Canadian team.  Chicago will either repeat or the cup will return to Los Angeles.  Might sound like sour grapes but I'm struggling to a find a single reason to care or even watch.  If the postseason is just going to consist of the Hawks and Kings exchanging cups, what is the point?  I don't expect every season to have a miracle run, by a Canadian team, like 2004 but knowing definitively that it can't happen as early as February is just depressing.

Agreed.  As good as the Caps and Stars are (and they're the only other teams that can be considered legitimate Cup contenders imo, maybe the Rangers), the Blackhawks and Kings are still the class of the NHL and I can only see them losing a seven game series to each other.

spacer.png

Did SabresRule come back? How are we already back to resorting to "only the Blackhawks and Kings can win Cups. Woe are we!"?

The Kings have obvious flaws, and these moves don't "cement" the Hawks as favorites anymore than they were before. Ladd is a nice complimentary piece, I'll give you that. But Fleishmann and Wiese are more bit players for Quenville's bottom 6 vortex, and Erhoff/Scuderi was an exchange of two not-playing defensemen.

These teams CAN be beaten. Relax.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived