Jump to content

NHL 15-16: wife-beaters, adulterers, cokeheads, rapists, pill-poppers, AND METHODISTS


the admiral

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Did SabresRule come back? How are we already back to resorting to "only the Blackhawks and Kings can win Cups. Woe are we!"?

 

The Kings have obvious flaws, and these moves don't "cement" the Hawks as favorites anymore than they were before. Ladd is a nice complimentary piece, I'll give you that. But Fleishmann and Wiese are more bit players for Quenville's bottom 6 vortex, and Erhoff/Scuderi was an exchange of two not-playing defensemen.

 

These teams CAN be beaten. Relax.

Oh, I know they can be beaten. Any team can be beaten. I was just saying that, at the moment, I don't see them losing in a seven game series. Both teams have top 5 goaltenders, and a good mix of grit and scoring - that's typically the recipe for NHL postseason success. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Did SabresRule come back? How are we already back to resorting to "only the Blackhawks and Kings can win Cups. Woe are we!"?

 

The Kings have obvious flaws, and these moves don't "cement" the Hawks as favorites anymore than they were before. Ladd is a nice complimentary piece, I'll give you that. But Fleishmann and Wiese are more bit players for Quenville's bottom 6 vortex, and Erhoff/Scuderi was an exchange of two not-playing defensemen.

 

These teams CAN be beaten. Relax.

Those mighty Kings squeaked into the playoffs as an 8-seed, looking like an also-ran, when they began their first Cup run IIRC.  The reason we watch sports is because we don't know what's going to happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, HedleyLamarr said:

When did Corey Crawford become a top 5 goalie?

 

I wouldn't ever say that he is, but this here with his stats you could call him that.

 

But right now I'm more worried about Florida. They just became a contender.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HedleyLamarr said:

When did Corey Crawford become a top 5 goalie?

Crawford, at least from an outside perspective, has looked outstanding this season. Best season of his career. I'd venture to say he's a solid 3rd in the Vezina race, behind Holtby and Mrazek. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, HedleyLamarr said:

When did Corey Crawford become a top 5 goalie?

Exactly. He's the most overrated goaltender in the league... He's got a solid defense in front of him, so he plays better, but he's not that good. You have other goalies like Miller, Bobrovsky, Dubnyk (Especially when he played for Arizona and Edmonton, and even some days in Minnesota... ) Who play good even when they have bad defense in front of them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chcarlson23 said:

Exactly. He's the most overrated goaltender in the league... He's got a solid defense in front of him, so he plays better, but he's not that good. You have other goalies like Miller, Bobrovsky, Dubnyk (Especially when he played for Arizona and Edmonton, and even some days in Minnesota... ) Who play good even when they have bad defense in front of them. 

 

lol, nope. If anything, it's amazing how he's still underrated. The perception has been for years that he's the Hawks' weak link. Listen, he's not gonna win a Vezina any time soon (or ever), but the Hawks give up the 7th most shots in the league and he's 3rd in save percentage*. Scott Darling would place about 25th. So you just can't plug anybody in there and get the same results. Oh yeah, and dude's won 2 Cups and I've yet to see any subjective ranking of NHL goalies where he even sniffed the top 5. The only place you can find Crawford ranked anywhere near the top 5 goalies in hockey is in any number of statistical categories. So who's out there overrating him? 

 

*He's also a solid 12th in GAA, which is a relatively meaningless stat. Save percentage is a somewhat better indicator of performance. But if you're looking for more advanced metrics, he's 3rd in Adjusted Save Percentage and 2nd in Quality Start Percentage among goalies with a minimum 1,000 minutes TOI. For reference point purposes, Crawford has nearly 3,000. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DDR said:

 

lol, nope. If anything, it's amazing how he's still underrated. The perception has been for years that he's the Hawks' weak link. Listen, he's not gonna win a Vezina any time soon (or ever), but the Hawks give up the 7th most shots in the league and he's 3rd in save percentage*. Scott Darling would place about 25th. So you just can't plug anybody in there and get the same results. Oh yeah, and dude's won 3 f'n Cups and I've yet to see any subjective ranking of NHL goalies where he even sniffed the top 5. The only place you can find Crawford ranked anywhere near the top 5 goalies in hockey is in any number of statistical categories. So who's out there overrating him? 

 

*He's also a solid 12th in GAA, which is a relatively meaningless stat. Save percentage is a somewhat better indicator of performance. But if you're looking for more advanced metrics, he's 3rd in Adjusted Save Percentage and 2nd in Quality Start Percentage among goalies with a minimum 1,000 minutes TOI. For reference point purposes, Crawford has nearly 3,000. 

You are... He's having a decent year, but he's still overrated... He may have won three cups, but he didn't carry the team on his back. Unlike Price Careys ( :D ) the Habs...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, chcarlson23 said:

You are... He's having a decent year, but he's still overrated... He may have won three cups, but he didn't carry the team on his back. Unlike Price Careys ( :D ) the Habs...

 

"Decent" year. Yeah. Sure thing, buddo. Also, I never compared him to Carey Price. Nobody does. Nobody would. Corey Crawford is not a top-top-tier goaltender. But he's a WELL above-average goaltender who gets incorrectly pegged as some ham-and-egger that got carried to 2 Stanley Cups (I erroneously said three earlier...he played like one game for the Hawks team that won the first Cup). So I guess that's me overrating him, maybe? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, DDR said:

 

"Decent" year. Yeah. Sure thing, buddo. Also, I never compared him to Carey Price. Nobody does. Nobody would. Corey Crawford is not a top-top-tier goaltender. But he's a WELL above-average goaltender who gets incorrectly pegged as some ham-and-egger that got carried to 2 Stanley Cups (I erroneously said three earlier...he played like one game for the Hawks team that won the first Cup). So I guess that's me overrating him, maybe? 

He's an average goaltender that gets incorrectly pegged as a superstar by most Hawks fans and the NHL. He's a solid goalie that really fits with the BLACKHAWKS. Any other team and he would struggle... The BLACKHAWKS could take even on Ilya Bryzgalov as their starting goaltender and still win a cup...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

He's an average goaltender that gets incorrectly pegged as a superstar by most Hawks fans and the NHL. He's a solid goalie that really fits with the BLACKHAWKS. Any other team and he would struggle... The BLACKHAWKS could take even on Ilya Bryzgalov as their starting goaltender and still win a cup...

 

I don't recall ever seeing him pegged as a superstar. Certainly not by the hockey media, and not by any Hawks fans I know. We know what he is and what he isn't. He isn't Carey Price. He might not be top-5. But he might be top-10. And it's just not true that anybody could win a Cup with the Hawks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.