Jump to content

NHL 15-16: wife-beaters, adulterers, cokeheads, rapists, pill-poppers, AND METHODISTS


the admiral

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

 

What should have been done. IMO is

1. Centennial Game has Montreal in Toronto. They are 2 of the founding members of the NHL. And since its the centennial season of the league, having these two face off is a no brainer. Montreal could wear 1917/18 throwbacks for the game while Toronto wears the 1917/18 Toronto Blue Shirts (err Arenas) throwbacks.

2. Heritage Classic has Montreal in Ottawa. The original Senators (along with Montreal, Toronto and the Montreal Wanderers) were the four founding members of the league. So the Sens wearing the 1917/18 uniforms of the original Senators against Montreal's 1917/18 sweaters would be cool. Again since its the centennial season that would be a no brainer. Winnipeg could get Edmonton the next season.

3. Winter Classic should have the Kings playing the Blues. Everyone is sick of the Blackhawks, and the Kings (along with the Blues) are celebrating their 50th season. This would be like the Penguins/Flyers matchup for the Stadium game.

Winnipeg really does need to play in one, they are the only Canadian team not to play and 2017-2018 would be the better choice for the Montreal - Ottawa game, seeing as Ottawa started in 1992 (I know we were founded in 1991 but) we didn't start playing till 1992, so:
1992-2017 = 25 years
First NHL season: 1917-18
still will be in 2017 if we host it in December.

2017-18 season would be the best choice for it.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geez, Kings... only manage to get one goal against the damn Devils at home with me in attendance but go off to Chicago and put up a five spot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LMU said:

Geez, Kings... only manage to get one goal against the damn Devils at home with me in attendance but go off to Chicago and put up a five spot.

That's just how it works. The Ducks beat the kings a few days ago, (No offense) to claim the top spot in the Pacific, but then get shutout against the Avs... A game the Avs needed to lose... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Decision on expansion to be made before the June draft. It was said that if the league expands to only one team, teams can lose a maximum of one player in a hypothetical expansion draft. They would lose a max of two players if the league expands to two teams. 

 

Also on the subject of expansion drafts, teams can now only protect one goalie. A team can either protect a goalie, seven forwards, and three defenseman, or a goalie and eighty skaters. Players with one or two years of professional experience (includes AHL) will be auto-protected. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Decision on expansion to be made before the June draft. It was said that if the league expands to only one team, teams can lose a maximum of one player in a hypothetical expansion draft. They would lose a max of two players if the league expands to two teams. 

 

Also on the subject of expansion drafts, teams can now only protect one goalie. A team can either protect a goalie, seven forwards, and three defenseman, or a goalie and eighty skaters. Players with one or two years of professional experience (includes AHL) will be auto-protected. 

 

80?!?!? Why wouldn't every team do that? lol

 

I feel like those parameters aren't fully explained. Does 2 years mean a full season or just to years of playing professionally? Does that include European leagues? Do the auto-protected players count against protected player limits? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, TRoyConcepts said:

I feel like those parameters aren't fully explained. Does 2 years mean a full season or just to years of playing professionally? Does that include European leagues? Do the auto-protected players count against protected player limits? 

I assume "playing professionally" means first two seasons after a player is drafted...whether they go to the NHL or AHL or ECHL or wherever.

 

The auto-protected players don't count towards your limits.

 

Obviously, the strategy is to protect the players that have the long-term value for your team.  You'll see a bunch of veterans not get protected just because it'll be highly unlikely an expansion team takes on an older guy.  They'll be in the business of acquiring young players and draft picks to fill out minor league rosters and developing talent.

 

The established teams will often work out handshake agreements with the expansion team(s) "If you don't pick up this guy from our roster, we'll give you a draft pick or this player", or use the expansion draft as a way to move players via trade.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, HedleyLamarr said:

Obviously, the strategy is to protect the players that have the long-term value for your team.  You'll see a bunch of veterans not get protected just because it'll be highly unlikely an expansion team takes on a older guy.  They'll be in the business of acquiring young players and draft picks to fill out minor league rosters and developing talent.

 

I just thought of something: Vancouver could simply protect of the Sedin's since there is no way they'll play apart from each other. The expansion runs the risk of one of them not reporting to the team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TRoyConcepts said:

 

I just thought of something: Vancouver could simply protect of the Sedin's since there is no way they'll play apart from each other. The expansion runs the risk of one of them not reporting to the team.

Vancouver wouldn't protect either Sedin twin.  The expansion team wouldn't really benefit much out of taking on an expensive 37-38 year old player who would have just a couple years left.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, HedleyLamarr said:

Vancouver wouldn't protect either Sedin twin.  The expansion team wouldn't really benefit much out of taking on an expensive 37-38 year old player who would have just a couple years left.

 

I guess that's true. I forgot to take in to account the age they would be at the time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Philadelphia jumped into a playoff position last night. 

 

Oh man oh man oh man Detroit could miss the playoffs. I want this more than I've wanted anything in a very long time. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.