NHL 15-16: wife-beaters, adulterers, cokeheads, rapists, pill-poppers, AND METHODISTS

The_Admiral

16 hours ago, Morgo said:

The uniform enthusiast in me is really hoping The Stars are a legitimate contender and not like, well... the Sharks, for the last 10 years.

Yea, because they weren't contenders in 2010 or 2011 or 2013...*rolls eyes*

I will say that even though they have to try again tomorrow versus The Dustin Brown Party Crew, having Vlasic, Donskoi and Nieto out isn't helping them. Once they get back into the fold, I think we'll see this team give a better overall effort. I mean, they lost to the second best team in the league and a team who lit up the defending champs multiple times. It's not like their getting blasted by Carolina, Arizona and Vancouver repeatedly.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, wildwing64 said:

The Ducks had an Angels night a while back.

Kings also had their regular Dodgers night last night. So, yes, it's a regular thing.

image.thumb.jpeg.bba20df121ec1bb09333facimage.thumb.jpeg.39815e64d92feee87c8c40dimage.thumb.jpeg.d5c7564e38c05420794f85e

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

3 hours ago, Alex Houston said:

Yea, because they weren't contenders in 2010 or 2011 or 2013...*rolls eyes*

They clearly weren't.  One conference final win in those three years and even that was a one goal game.  

7 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

The Flyers lay an egg in Arizona on Arizona Diamondbacks night (Is this a thing with any other NHL franchise?). 

The Blues had a Cardinals promotion last year and another one coming up against the Avalanche this season. 

cardsbackes.jpeg

635643704482666161-USATSI-8512412.jpg

and the cardinals did this:

CPcc2FlUcAADyZS-599x356.jpg

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

29 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Well, when stuff like this happens in the dying seconds, it sure doesn't help.

It's okay Kramerica. Morgo is just doing his duty and hating on a division rival. I guess by his logic being one the final four teams almost three times in four years isn't enough to be a "contender." 

I have a feeling Morgo would be a good lawyer, with how much he likes to nitpick on the definition of words. ?

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

1 hour ago, worcat said:

The Blues had a Cardinals promotion last year and another one coming up against the Avalanche this season. 

cardsbackes.jpeg

635643704482666161-USATSI-8512412.jpg

and the cardinals did this:

CPcc2FlUcAADyZS-599x356.jpg

Anything to make a buck I guess. ?

6uXNWAo.png

53 minutes ago, Alex Houston said:

I have a feeling Morgo would be a good lawyer, with how much he likes to nitpick on the definition of words. ?

I don't know about that. I've seen him (along with many others on this site and the rest of the internet) not know the difference between slander and libel.

In my limited legal knowledge, nothing postedon these forums could ever legally be slander.

IbjBaeE.png

4 hours ago, Morgo said:

They clearly weren't.  One conference final win in those three years and even that was a one goal game.  

It's like the "elite QB" debate... the rules are made up and the points don't really matter.  IMO, being a "contender" is what people think of you going into the playoffs.  You have "contenders" like the Sharks or Caps that normally flame out before they get too far into the playoffs, but then you have non-contenders like the Coyotes that putz their way into a conference final.

31 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

It's like the "elite QB" debate... the rules are made up and the points don't really matter.  IMO, being a "contender" is what people think of you going into the playoffs.  You have "contenders" like the Sharks or Caps that normally flame out before they get too far into the playoffs, but then you have non-contenders like the Coyotes that putz their way into a conference final.

image.jpeg.76146877b8be6a4bca66a253b8bd9

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Cujo said:

Anything to make a buck I guess. ?

Well considering all of the jerseys were put up for auction for charity - yeah. I'd say it was a great idea.

And this years cross promotion is against Colorado Avalanche - which is owned by Stan Kroenke.... pretty F'n genius.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

35 minutes ago, worcat said:

I can't comprehend this type of stupidity. 

The marketing aspect alone is pure gold.

It comes off as a desperate attempt to sell merch.

Thankfully, NFL teams don't resort to this crap -- not that St. Louis fans would know anything about that. B)

6uXNWAo.png

During the season, I'll occasionally look at the standings.  However, I just noticed that Vancouver is tied with Edmonton in points and only two up on the team with the fewest points (Toronto).  That was a bit shocking.  Looks like their run is officially done....anyone they can get for young players and prospects better be on the table for them.  The Sedins, Miller, Edler, Vrbata...whoever has talent that a team on the championship cusp could use, they need to trade.

Surprised with the lack of races for the last playoff spots....the West is nearly sewn up.  Minnesota is up five on Colorado.  Detroit and Philadelphia are tied for 8th, and with seemingly no other competition.

And it's still stunning that no Canadian-based team will reach the playoffs.  They're down to Ottawa, and they're four points away from their own elimination.  How are folks dealing with that up there?  Will TV viewing take a beating come playoff time, with no team to latch onto?

4 hours ago, monkeypower said:

I don't know about that. I've seen him (along with many others on this site and the rest of the internet) not know the difference between slander and libel.

In my limited legal knowledge, nothing postedon these forums could ever legally be slander.

Slander is spoken, libel is written, but people conflate the two on message boards because often it feels more like talking than publication.

And it's still stunning that no Canadian-based team will reach the playoffs.  They're down to Ottawa, and they're four points away from their own elimination.  How are folks dealing with that up there?  Will TV viewing take a beating come playoff time, with no team to latch onto?

Yes, and revenues will probably take a hit. Meanwhile, bet on some jamokes in Nashville going "hurr, Canada sucks" as they enjoy a sport that exists but for the grace of Canada.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

46 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Thankfully, NFL teams don't resort to this crap -- not that St. Louis fans would know anything about that. B)

Yes, NFL teams would never stoop low or pander to push more merchandise on their audience. See you in October!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Yeah this speaks in volumes. NO MERCH is being sold. You clearly are not educated enough to know what you are talking about so I will just let you aimlessly wonder about your thoughts.

Blues hats in Cardinals colors are FREE giveaways. Any pre-game jerseys are auctioned for charity. Are you really that stupid to realize that none of this is to "make a buck". Some people......

Maybe if an NFL owner attempted to put a real team on the field, people would have spent money to support a team - even though the owner didn't want to be there. Again, an uneducated person giving his two cents when he shouldn't. So dumb.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Archived