NHL 15-16: wife-beaters, adulterers, cokeheads, rapists, pill-poppers, AND METHODISTS

The_Admiral

25 minutes ago, worcat said:

Yes, by all means let's overshadow a team tied for first place, playing lights out hockey heading into the playoffs because they are running a promotion for a blues hat in cardinals colors.

Quick lets destroy all the bobbleheads before cities riot and burn to the ground because children and fan boys alike will pour hard earned money to get their favorite players bobblehead for free with admission of a ticket. Oh the anarchy.

Please don't bring up the price of beer or hotdogs. It may break the internet. Please think of the children!!!!! 

While we're at it, let's just stop all promotional give aways and fan nights.

Let's especially stop "Hockey Fights Cancer Night" because you know, it's a cash grab. Maybe someone who has cancer or knows someone that is fighting it may want to go to the game to show support for other people fighting or to show their thanks to the players or the league for raising money and awareness to help.

All these dirty money loving owners. What ever shall we do....

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

AWWWWW WORCAT, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOUR, CLAP FOR YOUR FAVORITE TEAM FOR TRYING TO MAKE A QUICK BUCK OFF THEIR FANBASE.

I'll admit I don't know much about Hockey Fights Cancer Night but I do know about Breast Cancer Awareness Month in the NFL and yes, that is a cash grab.  This is coming from someone whose grandma just passed away from breast cancer in November and whose aunt was diagnosed with the same illness in February.

Teams are going to have promotion nights. That's not the issue here. You brought the issue up by saying it wasn't a cash grab. It is. If this was any other team but your precious St. Louis Blues, you'd be singing a different tune, so stop being a homer.

By the way, I was in St. Louis in November when the Blackhawks took on the Blues and the Bears took on the Rams. That Saturday night, the crowd was 50/50 between Hawks and Blues fans and the next day was at least 60/40 in favor of Bears fans. Great city, had a great time, but fickle fan base.

I won't keep arguing with you since you pretty much acknowledged (maybe unknowingly) that promotion nights are meant to put butts in seats.  You're a die-hard fan, that's awesome, and the Blues are obviously running a top-notch organization down there in St. Louis. Good luck to your team this year in the playoffs, hopefully they do better than the last four years.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, BayouJim said:

the Blues are obviously running a top-notch organization down there in St. Louis.

ssssssssssssssssssssssssnort

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Promotions are incentives given to fans, they aren't necessarily there to put people in the seats. The sport, the product is what puts people in the seats. God forbid the Cardinals and Blues run a promotion but it's ok that other teams do it? I've yet to see anyone else complain about the Coyotes/Diamondbacks or Kings/Dodgers? Oh heaven forbid. The argument that I wouldn't dispute this about any other team is complete horse :censored:. I love the idea of the cross promotion between sports but I'm not going to go to the game solely because of a hat. Infact, I think the hat looks like garbage. So no, I won't be going to this game because I'm a "homer", I just support the idea of linking teams together to help bring cities together. I will agree with you that certain promotions are solely to bring people to an event that they normally wouldn't attend. A promotion like "Star Wars Night" or "Marvel Night" are cash grabs. But free hats and posters? Who cares? A minority of the people leave those things in their seats after the games because NO ONE bought tickets for a poster.

To call the St. Louis fan base "fickle" is a little absurd considering the two events you mentioned. You can look at any matchup between a team from St. Louis and Chicago, there is always a nice turn out from both clubs. It's an excuse to go out of town on vacation to see your team in the opponents city due to proximity. Now if you were from Los Angeles, I would agree with you 100%. Let's watch the first time the Cardinals play the Cubs in Chicago this year and let me be as ridiculous to call Cubs fans "fickle" for allowing Cardinals fans into Wrigley. Or, like many people growing up in St. Louis who had no NFL team chose to root for the Bears, Colts, or Chiefs. How dare those people go to games in St. Louis when they would play to Rams to get the best of both worlds.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

And they've done it! The Caps clinch the President's Trophy with a 4-1 win tonight. Win number 54 for Washington and win number 46 for Holtby. Let's hope they're not done yet!

(sorry, I had to have one Caps homer post :PB))

spacer.png

Yes, as long as Tom Stillman doesn't take a 1.5% hit on the market this week and suddenly finds himself unable to make payroll, the Blues are running a top-notch organization.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

All Canadian teams have officially been eliminated from the postseason. This is already the best Stanley Cup playoffs ever.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

1 hour ago, Sodboy13 said:

All Canadian teams have officially been eliminated from the postseason. This is already the best Stanley Cup playoffs ever.

Hey u better appreciate Canadia without them we wouldn't even have an NHL

3 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Tuesday, March 29, 2016....the date that the National Hockey League told Canada that it no longer matters to it, or the world, with the one exception of sports TV rights money....and that A] sucks, and B] is a morally bankrupt way of thinking about Canada. > = (

14 hours ago, worcat said:

Yes, by all means let's overshadow a team tied for first place, playing lights out hockey heading into the playoffs because they are running a promotion for a blues hat in cardinals colors.

They're going to lose in 6 games and a flurry of 5-minute penalties, we all know this.  Why bother pretending otherwise?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

1 minute ago, rams80 said:

They're going to lose in 6 games and a flurry of 5-minute penalties, we all know this.  Why bother pretending otherwise?

I thought the St. Louis Witch Doctor would cover the loss of the Rams by allowing the Blues to get beyond the first round of the playoffs.

2 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Peak behind the curtain of dysfunction: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/oilers-got-wrong-yakupov-start/ 

Nobody with the Oilers wanted Nail Yakupov except for Steve Tambellini. 

I'm really starting to get tired of the Oilers' s**t. The four 1st overall picks in 4 years, with one bust (Yak) and another disappointment (Nuge IMO), the terrible coaches (Ralph Krueger, Dallas Eakins, Todd Nelson), the old boys mentality that led to Lowe and MacTavish screwing the team over for years, and the fact that even after blowing up the staff and front office they're still the worst team in the league. There is nothing else left to do but blow it all up. Trade everyone not named McDavid, Hall, Nurse and Draisaitl and start anew. Hell, fire Chiarelli and McLellan if you need to. But the Oilers as currently constructed are somehow worse than the Dustin Penner-Devan Dubnyk-Shawn Horcoff years, and that can only be thanks to a losing culture.

/rant

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

I thought the St. Louis Witch Doctor would cover the loss of the Rams by allowing the Blues to get beyond the first round of the playoffs.

No, Eastern Missouri Shaman will just start sacrificing potential Blues success now that he doesn't have the Rams to bleed dry for the sake of the Cardinals.

2 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

No, Eastern Missouri Shaman will just start sacrificing potential Blues success now that he doesn't have the Rams to bleed dry for the sake of the Cardinals.

Ooh, Blues offseason charity golf outings are about to get interesting again!

17 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Remove the stone of sanctimonious Habs fans!

Woo-hoo!

Attach the stone of sanctimonious Sharks fans!

awwwwwwwwwwwww

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Duncan Keith, with his back on the ice, high-sticked a guy in the face and drew blood. That probably frees him from any committments for the rest of the regular season.

Advantage: Blackhawks.

On March 29, 2016 at 10:28 PM, Sodboy13 said:

Maybe this post-season, your anthem singers will be able to get most of the words right.

46 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Duncan Keith, with his back on the ice, high-sticked a guy in the face and drew blood.

The Canadian Way™

spacer.png

50 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

The Canadian Way™

Charlie Coyle looked like he was about to kill Keith after that hit, and after the slash he looked like the gash didn't phase him... 

That was great!   

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived