NHL 15-16: wife-beaters, adulterers, cokeheads, rapists, pill-poppers, AND METHODISTS

The_Admiral

In a physical sense, yes, I believe the Blues could beat the Blackhawks.

Psychologically, though? That is what I'm not sure of.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, TRoyConcepts said:

Am I the only one who thinks St. Louis would beat Chicago? (Other than rams)

Only the insane homer part of me thinks the Blues have a chance.  Perhaps you missed all of my "the Blues are going to lose in 6 like always" posts.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Well we'll no for sure tomorrow if the Blues can tame them. Tarasenko has also been on a tear lately and the Hawks are only 5-4-1 while the Blues are 7-3-0 in their last 10. 

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

The fan in me wants to believe the Hawks are built for a best of seven series.

But, judging what I've seen in the last 10 games, they can't even play good hockey for 3 periods, let alone 7 games. Then again, momentum can change so quickly.

Come on Avs.  The Wild are trying to let you in the playoffs.  Please take the gift.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

27 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Call me a homer but if that Brian Boyle on Dan Girardi hit is boarding, I'm the queen of England.

There's no way in hell that the league won't rescind the game misconduct. That was at best a minor penalty, and even then it's borderline.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On 4/5/2016 at 11:29 PM, RyanMcD29 said:

And if the matchups do in fact stay as they are now, we're looking at either the Islanders or Panthers in the 2nd round. End times are near, people.

Isles are going to need big performances from Tavares, Okposo, and a parked car.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Bryan Bickell is back on the Blackhawks roster just in time to earn a $48 million dollar 5 year extension thanks to a phenomenal round 1 playoff series win.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The Wild laid an egg (For the 4th game in a row...) last night against the Sharks, but thanks to the Predators, they made the playoffs. It's one of the weirdest feelings I've ever had. It's wow, the Wild suck right now, but Hey! We made the playoffs! Everyone BUT Coach Torchetti says that the Wild backed into the playoffs...

I want the Wild to do great in the playoffs, but nothing short of a Miracle will be need for the Wild to do anything. This year's playoffs are probably going to be the weirdest though. I mean the regular season was so, anything can happen...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

22 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

The Wild laid an egg (For the 4th game in a row...) last night against the Sharks, but thanks to the Predators, they made the playoffs. It's one of the weirdest feelings I've ever had. It's wow, the Wild suck right now, but Hey! We made the playoffs! Everyone BUT Coach Torchetti says that the Wild backed into the playoffs...

I want the Wild to do great in the playoffs, but nothing short of a Miracle will be need for the Wild to do anything. This year's playoffs are probably going to be the weirdest though. I mean the regular season was so, anything can happen...

You can thank the Avalanche for losing 5 out of their last 6...

Neither team wanted to get into the playoffs.  The Avs played with no desperation and it looked like they were mentally checked out after the Minnesota beat down.

37 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

I kinda wanted them to miss the playoffs.  The Wild are mediocre.  And that's the ceiling thus far for the franchise.  They made a few big signings and are now annually sneaking into the playoffs.  They have never opened the playoffs at home and it is clear that this group never will.  They'll never be able to go through a season without a six-week nap.  When they are hot, they show that can play with anyone, so it's got to be something intangible; desire/heart/whatever.  In any case, this is not working.

Had they missed the playoffs, maybe they'd have considered just blowing the whole thing up and starting over as an expansion team.  That's really what I'd like to see (though I suppose some of the big contracts are not very tradeable).  Annually making the playoffs as the One Team with No Chance is getting old.  This team is really frustrating and it's time for a rebuild.  So while there was a bit of relief that the Avs lost last night, I was kinda thinking "I really should be cheering for Colorado.  Missing the playoffs is the only thing that will get negative outcry from the fans and maybe lead to scrapping this failed experiment."  Of course there really is only one team less deserving of that final playoff spot than the Wild and it's the Avs.  But the NHL should just invent some weird rule about loosing your final five games going in and declare the #8 West spot vacant.

And for some reason, the Wild fanbase is much less realistic about the Wild than is the case with Viking, Twin, and T-Wolf fandom.  Don't say anything bad about the Wild or you'll be slapped with "four straight playoff trips."  I don't know whether it's a function of just how much losing Minnesota's had since the Twins became bad again or people still are living like they just signed Suter and Parise and assuming this team is better than their annual mediocre record shows.  

This is what the Wild are.  A middle-of-the pack team that is not a thread to make any real noise in the playoffs.  And they've hit their ceiling.  The sooner then can start over the better.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Looks to me like Duchene, Landeskog, and MacKinnon are gonna be the new Stephen Weiss, Michael Frolik, and Jay Bouwmeester. Out of the playoffs five of the last six years, married to a coach who is a turd, probably not gonna happen for them.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm kinda happy the Av's missed the playoffs this year. Hopefully, Roy will reevaluate the "system" they played most of the year and come up with something better. The litmus test will be on whether the team retains the services of either of the assistant coaches (Roy is going to be back, regardless).

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

Do you want to know what cursed the Wild more than anything? 

Josh Harding having MS and having to retire because of it. When he played, he looked like a Vezina candidate at times and had it all together that one year he played like half the season. It's such a shame a great guy like that had to have such a horrible thing happen to him. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

2 hours ago, CS85 said:

Bryan Bickell is back on the Blackhawks roster just in time to earn a $48 million dollar 5 year extension thanks to a phenomenal round 1 playoff series win.

I understand he's sort of a wild-card heading into the playoffs, like maybe he'll play as good as he did in the 2013 playoffs. But Bickell has been such a non-factor for the last two seasons. The Blackhawks need to find a way to dump him but I just don't know how they can. Nobody wants that contract and it seems like a waste just having him sit in Rockford.

52 minutes ago, BayouJim said:

I understand he's sort of a wild-card heading into the playoffs, like maybe he'll play as good as he did in the 2013 playoffs. But Bickell has been such a non-factor for the last two seasons. The Blackhawks need to find a way to dump him but I just don't know how they can. Nobody wants that contract and it seems like a waste just having him sit in Rockford.

Nah.  Nobody wants him and that contract was a lesson learned.

He'll play out his deal. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

16 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

The Great One isn't too fond of the "grinding" game today.

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2016/04/06/gretzky-laments-the-grinding-game-that-the-nhl-has-become/

Gretzky, despite being a legend, doesn't see the game the same way as anyone else in the world.  That's partially because of when he played, but also because he's Wayne Goddamn Gretzky.

twitter

Archived