NHL 15-16: wife-beaters, adulterers, cokeheads, rapists, pill-poppers, AND METHODISTS

The_Admiral

10 hours ago, ninersdd said:

Was at the game tonight, the Sharks were terrible on D and lost to the Jets with 10 seconds left. Would've loved to see some 3 on 3 in person. Fortunately this game doesn't matter at all. Hopefully Vlasic will be back by next week.

One interesting thing of note they asked a question to a fan "How many games has Paul Martin played vs the Winnipeg Jets?" I thought it would be like 15 and that's what the fan guessed. I think it was Puckguy who was the other fan and he went higher. The answer was 37, so very clever of them to include the dates with the Thrashers, so Puckguy won a prize.

This right here. We don't need a repeat of what happened when he went down in a series courtesy of Mr. Incredible, Dustin Brown.

11 hours ago, CS85 said:

The Blackhawks are apparently sadists, working their way into a series w/ the Stars, whom I think they have only defeated once all season, getting otherwise drubbed.

Egh.

Not many times in life would I recommend cockiness when it comes to sports, but until Toews and company finally regress to a average record in games 4-7 of a playoff series, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt for a few years. They got St. Louis right where they want them. They win in 6. Believe!

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/adam-oates-nhl-wayne-gretzky-skill-in-hockey/

Let’s think about this: Chicago has no problem scoring. Dallas has no problem scoring. Washington has no problem scoring. Why is that? It’s because they’re letting their skill players do what they do best instead of forcing them into a system.

Think about it. We’ve got a guy in Chicago that’s five-foot-nine, 160 pounds, who recently had a 26-game point streak. Why? Because Patrick Kane is an incredibly skilled player, and he also has a coach that doesn’t try to interfere with his game.

You played Alex Ovechkin out of position.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

As usual per the <insert city name here> media, trade rumours of the <insert team name of said city here> top players are making headlines to encite clickbait.

FYP

spacer.png

Well, only saw this second period coming from about a mile away. The Claude Julien-era Bruins are absolutely notorious for coming out flat after a great first period.

If the Bruins don't win, there are no more excuses for Claude Julien to remain head coach.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

This is basically how I feel right now:

claude+julien+GIF+02.gif

I've been supportive of Claude this season, doing a decent job with some pylons and swiss cheese at defense. But this is inexcusable. A no show in Game 82 when you need a win. I think his time has run out as coach, and I don't blame him for all of it, but they need even more wholesale changes. This team needs to get tougher, they need to deal some assets to get a younger defenseman, and they need to find an identity, speed and skill or grit and grinding. They played with more speed and skill this year, but you could run them over very easily because they were soft as dog crap. I will miss the Claude-splosions though

tumblr_nqklqeCmB91tfqvryo1_1280.gif

Pennants.jpg

15 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

Bruins lost, and the Red Wings will too. Are the Wings safe since the Bruins lost I'm assuming?

Yes, they'll clinch because of Boston's loss. Detroit was the most in control of the last three teams, (Detroit, Philly, and Boston) and pretty much EVERYTHING had to go against them, for them to miss... I think if they lost in Regulation, (Which they did,) Philly had to win, AND Boston had to win for them to miss. Philly is playing Pittsburgh who are on fire, so Detroit is pretty much in anyways. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1 hour ago, Kramerica Industries said:

This is an obvious case of "careful what you wish for", but I am so much happier with Detroit as the #3 seed in the Atlantic than I would have been with Boston. Much better this way.

It's still weird to see the Wings try to squeak into the playoffs when in years past they steam rolled teams to the playoffs.  

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

1 hour ago, henchmeister said:

they need to deal some assets to get a younger defenseman

They just did the opposite of this.

Philadelphia clinches the East's 8th seed and a date with DC in the first round by defeating Pittsburgh 3-1 on the strength of Wayne Simmonds' 2 goal performance. Boston is booted out.:lol:

I'll be honest, I'm a little scared of facing Philly in the first round.  They've played us tough each time we've played them and they don't seem to be intimidated by us at all.  

spacer.png

Very impressive second half of the season for the Flyers. Gostisbehere is somethin' else. Now win this for Ed Snider and knock the Crapitals out.

And there we go - the first American-born Art Ross winner.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived