Sign in to follow this  
ECUFan25

Cincinnati Reds Logo Concept

Finally found some time to make concepts again and was playing around with a new tool I downloaded to mod my concept making software and came up with a Cincinnati Reds logo I thought looked worth sharing on here. It's a little simple and at first I thought it looked like a tourism poster or a secondary 2015 ASG logo. However, it is not in their actual colors, because I am planning to use it in my MLB redesign (which is NOT dead, just haven't had much time). Anyway, I'll stop blabbing and let the logo speak for itself.

reds_zpsumr3am1n.png

Thanks for reading!,

ECUFan25

I'd show the bill since it doesn't look there is one on here. I'd remove the two circles, curl the mustaches a bit more, and add an outline to the nose.

Does this work?

reds-3_zpsludynonw.png

Funny you ask this question BigRed, because making this shaded effectively really tested my knowledge of layering images, so if i drop the red background it would look like this

redswhite_zpsgbhznufs.png

Not really a logo, eh?

Question: Where would this be used? As much as I hate the Reds, I must admit they have a logo set. It wouldn't really work on any caps, and it would be a bad jersey logo.

All right, I'll update it tomorrow. Also, FIRST POST OF THE DAY!!!!!!!

I'm sorry it looks to much like a logo for a burger joint to me

I do agree that it looks like a 50's style diner or a burger joint. If you were to change this to make it look like a baseball team's mark, this would be really cool.

It's shading

That's some very random shading. It goes right off the top of the cap. (Unless I'm looking at in wrong. Idk.)

This is painful I hate to say. As others have said, it reminds me of a cheeseburger on the red background, and on the white background the "Shading" you call it, is not shading. This mustache logo that is being used around Cincinnati is more of an alternate logo they have come up with for the All Star game and not a primary mark. You need something that identifies Cincinnati Reds with it, and this doesn't, nor will it work as a hat logo or jersey logo.

There are tons of flaws in each (curves need to be smoother, nothing is aligned, what are those red circles above the mustache?) Cincinnati Reds typeface doesn't fit.

I'd scrap this and start from scratch. Also what program are you using to design?

This is painful I hate to say. As others have said, it reminds me of a cheeseburger on the red background, and on the white background the "Shading" you call it, is not shading. This mustache logo that is being used around Cincinnati is more of an alternate logo they have come up with for the All Star game and not a primary mark. You need something that identifies Cincinnati Reds with it, and this doesn't, nor will it work as a hat logo or jersey logo.

There are tons of flaws in each (curves need to be smoother, nothing is aligned, what are those red circles above the mustache?) Cincinnati Reds typeface doesn't fit.

I'd scrap this and start from scratch. Also what program are you using to design?

I've actually been working on a new version lately, just haven't posted it yet, school's just starting back up and classes are starting to get hard. Also I use iVinci to design( basically an OS X ripoff of Inkscape although it shares a few similarities with Illustrator).