Brooklyn Islanders Concept(updated jerseys#2)

72freebie

Hi guys. This is my concept of The Brooklyn Islanders if New York ever Changes their name. They will likely go to a black and white color scheme which I think would look terrible. In my concept, I do bring in the black, but keep the orange white and blue from the current color scheme. The logo uses and anchor and the 4 Stanley cup stripes that are also used on the jerseys.This is my first logo that I have ever created on my own. Please tell me what I can do better with the logos because I would love to do this more often when I get Illustrator. I am currently using paint.net. Anyways here it is.

Primary Logo

bROOKLYN%20iSLANDERS_zps9ttld38k.png

Secondary Logo

Brooklyn%20secondary_zpszxdznkwa.png

Home and Away uniforms

Islanders_zpszvefutw9.png

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

Your primary feels somewhat soccer-y, esp. with the font choice and the use of "est. 1972". I'd rethink the text--maybe drop it?--and perhaps go for a more nautical-looking crest shape.

rATMcmK.png

I like this, even with the use of black. This is a good concept, and I like everything about it. Nice work.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Yeah, as someone else said. The text is pointless. It doesn't look bad up close but when you're zoomed out it does it no favours. Honestly, I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. Something about the striping I do like though. Maybe if you took out the word mark and spread out the stripes and perhaps narrowed the rectangular part so you can enlarge the whole thing a bit. I think that might look pretty sharp actually.

Would also say that the secondary feels redundant. I would try something including NY or Brooklyn(or perhaps some clever combo) because yea it just feels to similar, even with the wordmark, but if you take out the words which most people seem to favour it will be even more similar.

That all being said I think it has potential and I wouldn't bother commenting if I didn't think it could be sick eventually.

I'd recommend making the anchors in the primary/secondary match. Right now, the rings are different, and the arms have different curvature. Then, removing the wings on the primary, you have a circle, but the secondary is elliptical. I'd make them seem like the same shapes, with the same outlines, to keep them more similar.

Here is update number 1.

Here is the new primary logo. It has been made shorter in width and the words have been taken out. The lines have also been thickened.

bROOKLYN%20iSLANDERS_zpsdyavzapz.png

Here is a new secondary logo. This brings back the classic NY and Long Island outline.

Brooklyn%20secondary_zpsbzrkrl8r.png

And the updated jerseys

Islanders_zpsszya6lgp.png

Here is update number 1.

Here is the new primary logo. It has been made shorter in width and the words have been taken out. The lines have also been thickened.

bROOKLYN%20iSLANDERS_zpsdyavzapz.png

It would be even better if there was an added blue outline around the white anchor to create more separation from the 4 stripes. Maybe something similar to the orange edge would be good too.

I'll be honest, your original primary logo would make a GREAT secondary logo. It's detailed, has symbolism, and plenty of information. That's a perfect shoulder patch. That's where it belongs. No matter how much you simplify it, I don't think it's going to be strong enough to be a primary.

And look how many stripes are on that jersey with the logo included...that's a whole lot of stripes. Tons.

You have good ideas here, but I think you need to demote that primary logo and bring in something new for the primary. The NY? their regular logo? Something with a lighthouse? I'm not sure of the answer, but I don't think where you are is it.

Your jerseys are great, don't change those, it's a logo issue.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I like it. Minor things - I would have the blue outline going around the hooks of the anchor as well, just for continuity's sake.

And this is just food for thought, Since the team is now in brooklyn, I wonder if there is a way to tie this into the concept(A "B" somehow incorporated?) Anyways just a thought. I know people don't like it as a primary, and perhaps it makes more sense as an alternate, but I like it.

Here is a primary logo update. I have created a new primary logo with a lighthouse. It is based on the old lighthouse logo that the Islanders used. The former primary will now be a shoulder patch and the old shoulder patch will be used as an alternate logo. I am not sure if I should keep the same jersey design or make something different. I will decide later, but for now I give you the new primary. Thank you everyone for the great C@C.

bROOKLYN%202_zpspe1qumpa.png

Archived