Sign in to follow this  
philhiney

Midlothian Sabers - Logo concept

33kagwl.png

This is a very rough around the edges start of a logo for a flag football team. The team are after a sabre tooth tiger that isn't so aggressive (although my style tends towards the aggressive side, so we will have to meet in the middle on that). I would love any feedback on this logo. Ive had some great feedback from this forum before so I thought it would be good to get feedback on the early stages of designs rather than just the finished article. All feedback is appreciated big or small, harsh or nice.

Please note line work will be cleaned up and more colour will be added. The main areas where i am struggling is the area under the eyes. Also I'm not sure if I like the outline shape or not?!

Thanks,

Phil

FFD

I like this a lot. Not entirely sure what it is for, but it is a nice set.

I like the last one or the middle one. I think the colored version needs some more shadows or highlights for some depth. Looks very flat.

The teeth other than the 2 saber teeth need work. They look as if they are set behind the saber teeth, and they shouldn't be. Check out the teeth structure on this skull.

The ears need to connect to the head better, and add more shading. The overall look is really good,
New-Saber-Tooth-Cat-Tiger-Skull-Resin-Sa

Midlothian as in Midlothian, VA? Regardless, it's a great start.

ndkbyw.png

Worked on a few different options for the area under the eyes.

I think the first option looks the best. It emphasizes the cheek bones, which add to the aggressive look of the mouth. Second option looks like strange whiskers, and the third option looks tired with bags under its eyes.

edit: Now that I look at it, first option kind of has the same problem as the second. Like a french-twirl mustache.

Midlothian as in Midlothian, VA? Regardless, it's a great start.

If it's Midlothian, than that's really close to me.

This is looking great. I'd add a little more details to the forehead, since it looks a little empty there IMO.

There is something about the head shape that makes me think of a crazy squirrel instead of a feline. Not sure that I can place my finger on exactly what it is, though... Something about the roundness of the head shape.

This is where I'm up to: OLD / NEW

acu9m1.png

Thankfor for al your help, Whitefoot you changes have improves it dramatically.

Im still not happy with the area under the eyes, but I quickly added some shadow to fill some space and i'm not really sure which way to go.

It was pretty good at the start, but the update is just fantastic!

new / NEWER

1gfhe.png

I am as happy as I've been with this logo, will start on the text soon. Any critiquing is still much appreciated.

Concept finally completed! Thankyou for everyones help! (note that the team wanted it spelling ER not RE)

21m99if.jpg

Very cool. Well done and the total package looks strong together.

That is a fantastic logo.