2015 Fantasy Football Thread

vicfurth

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my 12-team league, I am about to lose, which will snap a 6-game winning streak.

EDIT: Despite the loss in that league, at 8-3 I have clinched a playoff spot, along with the leader and commissioner of the league, who is 9-2. Last year in this league I lost in the championship game.

spacer.png

I'd just like to visit my train wreck of a draft this year:

schdraft_zpskcb6qbnr.png

4 of my top 6 picks (including my 2 keepers - Bell and Nelson) are out for the season or have missed significant time, and the 2 that haven't missed significant time have been busts (Johnson and Abdullah).

Yet, somehow...

schstandings_zpsyyzizj3t.png

I have the worst team in terms of points scored in the league. Apart from one other team, it's not even close. The Denver defense has more often than not been my top scorer. I just somehow end up playing every team on a bad week and just derp right into another win.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

My 20-team league:

QB: Brees, Hoyer

RB: Miller, Yeldon, J. Bell, Sims

WR: D. Thomas, Ca. Johnson, Maclin, Landry, Crabtree

TE: J. Thomas, Gates, Watson

K: McManus

D/ST: Miami

Moves to date: Dropped Catanzaro for McManus, Dropped Tampa Bay D/ST for Watson

I had two 1st round picks, two 2nd round picks, and two 5th round picks for a total of 8 picks in the first five rounds.

Since we're at the halfway point in our season, here's how my roster looks and the main moves that got me here:

QB: E. Manning, Romo (IR)

RB: Miller, Peterson, Duke Johnson, Hillman, C. Thompson

WR: D. Thomas, Landry, Crabtree, Baldwin, Tate

TE: Gronkowski, Walford

K: McManus

D/ST: Miami, Tennessee

The trades that remade my roster:

- Brees-Ca. Johnson-Gates for E. Manning-Gronkowski-Duke Johnson

- Yeldon-Maclin-Hoyer for Baldwin-Peterson-San Diego D/ST

- J. Thomas-Snead for Hillman-Tate

Had picked up Snead in free agency and Romo was won through waivers. I'm able to stash Romo on IR and have an extra player on my roster, which has mainly been used for bye week fillers.

I'm currently 3-4 (10th place) and am projected to finish 10-4 (5th place out of 20). Many of my main guns have already had their byes (Miller, Peterson, Thomas, Landry, Gronkowski, Crabtree, Hillman, and my kicker and defenses).

Updating my team:

Started the season 1-4, but am currently riding a 6-game winning streak to a 7-4 mark and 4th place out of 20. Scored the second-most points in the league. Going through the most critical 5-game stretch of the season....after Week 8, myself and my next three opponents were all 4-4....and I swept all three. This week I'm playing the team I'm tied with in the division, then Week 13 I face the #2 team.

Well, Romo served his main purpose for my team: to fill in for Eli's bye week. Anything else from him would have been gravy.

I'm playing against a team with Romo. Scored -2 points

Me too. In that league, I'm on the edge of a playoff race and I'm playing the league leader. Loving it.

spacer.png

Any smart fantasy football player should have had lowered expectations for Graham entering this season. I know I was pretty low on Graham....I had Graham just outside my top 10 in tight ends on my draft chart. The Seahawks just don't use the tight end the way the Saints do.

Any smart fantasy football player should have had lowered expectations for Graham entering this season. I know I was pretty low on Graham....I had Graham just outside my top 10 in tight ends on my draft chart. The Seahawks just don't use the tight end the way the Saints do.

I went high because I thought Carroll would use him too much, just to test his options & opponent's reactions. He still has hands, & Wilson just signed for huge... meh, I had Eifert in my back pocket... 2 strong TEs has been my play for a few seasons now.

I was able to nab Chandler yesterday... Brady sure to look at him a bunch.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

So my 12-team league finished their regular season, and I have to say, it was one of my best regular seasons ever in a fantasy league (I started in 2012). I'm in three leagues, and at the beginning of the year I thought this was the worst team I had drafted in the three leagues. I especially thought my WRs were bad - outside of my star, Antonio Brown, I had these no-name guys from the Jaguars, Allen Robinson and Allen Hurns. I made numerous trade offers in the first few weeks that often had packages including Robinson, which I'm glad that the owners either rejected or didn't respond to. I overcame a season-ending injury to my RB1 (Forsett) to finish 9-4, which included a 6 game winning streak and is good enough for second place. The playoffs start for me in a week - we'll see how this goes.

spacer.png

Archived