2015 Fantasy Football Thread

vicfurth

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright. I start 8-0, drop 4 straight, then finally get a win back last week. Via tiebreakers, I have a bye this week at 9-4.

Any early thoughts on week 15 defences? I've been riding the Broncos most of the season. It's them vs Pittsburgh, or I can grab Buffalo's D vs Washington. Or even the Jets vs Dallas for that matter. Thoughts?

Alright. I start 8-0, drop 4 straight, then finally get a win back last week. Via tiebreakers, I have a bye this week at 9-4.

Any early thoughts on week 15 defences? I've been riding the Broncos most of the season. It's them vs Pittsburgh, or I can grab Buffalo's D vs Washington. Or even the Jets vs Dallas for that matter. Thoughts?

Come the playoffs, you gotta go with the best matchup advantage. I would definitely go with Buffalo or NY Jets instead of facing Pittsburgh's offense.

What did everyone learn this year?

I learned that fantasy is nearly as random as the lottery.

I had Jimmy Graham signing with a team that was supposed to want to throw him a boatload of TDs...

My QBs were Derek Carr, Ryan Tannehill who I eventually switched out for Andy Dalton who somehow was still a free agent around week 4(?)...

I'm well out of the playoffs in 8th place, awaiting consolation matchup.

On the bright side, I did score the 3rd most points in my 10 team league; alas, also allowed the 3rd most. I'm not sure what that means because 3rd highest means I did something right when I can't control my opponent... so there's that.

My 2016 players I'll be hoping to grab again are Carr, Cooper, Gostkowski, & maybe the Seattle D again. Everyone else is fair game.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Up 57 with Cooks and Watson left for the opponent. I do like my chances to advance to the championship. A big thank you to Antonio Brown who got me 46 points.

:). I got a 5th place finish, 10 team league, top 4 make playoffs. The team that got 4th, got into the playoffs even though I beat them. Screw you, 3-way tiebreakers.

EDIT: My opponent has 24.3 pts with only Cooks left.

The Seanttle Seanhawks patchwork lineup has scratched and clawed our way to my league's championship game. Winner gets 5 hundo, which would be pretty clutch for me right now so I'm pulling out all the stops.

Here's the matchup:

championship_zpsvshkwjyl.jpg

There's really not much I can do with the rest of my bench being either injured or low scoring. The only matchup I'm waffling over is using Steve Haushka or Santos.

PvO6ZWJ.png

My 20-team league:

QB: Brees, Hoyer

RB: Miller, Yeldon, J. Bell, Sims

WR: D. Thomas, Ca. Johnson, Maclin, Landry, Crabtree

TE: J. Thomas, Gates, Watson

K: McManus

D/ST: Miami

Moves to date: Dropped Catanzaro for McManus, Dropped Tampa Bay D/ST for Watson

I had two 1st round picks, two 2nd round picks, and two 5th round picks for a total of 8 picks in the first five rounds.

Since we're at the halfway point in our season, here's how my roster looks and the main moves that got me here:

QB: E. Manning, Romo (IR)

RB: Miller, Peterson, Duke Johnson, Hillman, C. Thompson

WR: D. Thomas, Landry, Crabtree, Baldwin, Tate

TE: Gronkowski, Walford

D/ST: Miami, Tennessee

The trades that remade my roster:

- Brees-Ca. Johnson-Gates for E. Manning-Gronkowski-Duke Johnson

- Yeldon-Maclin-Hoyer for Baldwin-Peterson-San Diego D/ST

- J. Thomas-Snead for Hillman-Tate

Had picked up Snead in free agency and Romo was won through waivers. I'm able to stash Romo on IR and have an extra player on my roster, which has mainly been used for bye week fillers.

I'm currently 3-4 (10th place) and am projected to finish 10-4 (5th place out of 20). Many of my main guns have already had their byes (Miller, Peterson, Thomas, Landry, Gronkowski, Crabtree, Hillman, and my kicker and defenses).

Updating my team:

Started the season 1-4, but am currently riding a 6-game winning streak to a 7-4 mark and 4th place out of 20. Scored the second-most points in the league. Going through the most critical 5-game stretch of the season....after Week 8, myself and my next three opponents were all 4-4....and I swept all three. This week I'm playing the team I'm tied with in the division, then Week 13 I face the #2 team.

Update about the Fightin' Hedleys (not the actual team name):

Finished the regular season 9-5, won the division, and was the four seed (although I scored the most points in the league) in the playoffs. (Four divisions...each division champion gets a playoff spot {though division champions don't get the top four seeds in the playoffs} and four at-large teams, eight teams out of 20 make the playoffs.) Set a league record for touchdowns scored in a single week in Week 14, then followed that up with a second week of double-digit touchdowns scored. Defeated the #5 seed last weekend, and with re-seeding for the semifinals...I face the #2 seed this weekend: the lone team that's beaten me in ten weeks since my 1-4 start.

Current roster:

QB: E. Manning, Nassib

RB: Miller, Peterson, Duke Johnson, Hillman, Bolden

WR: Landry, D. Thomas, Crabtree, Baldwin, Tate

TE: Gronkowski, Griffin

D/ST: Pittsburgh

In my league's championship game I'm down 115.5 to 116.5 and I have Jeremy Hill going tomorrow night. My opponent is all done. I like my chances, but I can totally see Hill laying a goose egg or negative number.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived