TEXAS SUPER LEAGUE

Wgeddes122

So, this is my first post in a good amount of time. This concept I had finished several months ago, but studying abroad and school has kept me from posting it, so here it is.

This is the Texas Super League, a fictional all Texas soccer league that exists in a world where soccer became popular in the states around the beginning of the 1900s, much closer to when club football started in England.

I had when I first designed these to create back stories for each team, but now I feel I will post the design each with descriptions and the thought process behind the logo and kits for each team.

There are 24 teams spread around the state of Texas, I'll probably post one a day in order to keep interest. Please leave C&C and ask any questions you might have about the designs.

The first team is Abilene

Abilene United

The name and crest stem from Abilene sitting in two counties. the blue & white stripes and the red candy cane stripes come from the town logo which is a capital "A" made up of those stripes. The idea is that each county had a separate Abilene team, but to financial issues they merged to form Abilene United. The Buffalo in the crest is a reference to Buffalo Gap which is a town in the greater Abilene area, but was named for a gap in which bison herds passed through when settlers first came there. The buffalo is nudging the soccer ball along almost as if it was a domestic animal.

Home kit- predominately white kit with blue stripes, with red and dark blue accents

Away kit- predominately red kit with white sleeves and white stripe sash across the jersey

Third kit- "dusk on the prairie" kit, blue top fade to dark blue and back to light blue at the bottom of the shorts, self explanatory I was going for something that looked like the night right before sunrise on the prairie, a common sight for farmers and ranchers who would of been up before the sun

qInFTNk.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Texas league is finally here! :D

Abilene is a pretty cool concept. I like how the stripes on the crest translate on the kits, and the buffalo is a nice touch as well.

Can't wait to see the rest, mostly for Laredo and Corpus Christi - two Texas cities I have a personal connection to.

Amarillo City

For the crest the shape is the same shape as the Cadillac logo, which is in reference to Cadillac ranch which is a sculpture in the desert outside Amarillo where a lot of cadillac cars that span from 1949-1963 are half buried at an angle with the nose of the car in the ground. the cars are covered in spray paint art work.Amarillo is the Spanish word for yellow, and the city is known as the "yellow rose of Texas", which explains the yellow coloring and the roses on either side of the shield. a white bar across the shield and an old style soccer ball complete the look

Home kit- predominately purple kit mimics the logo with having a white bar go across the chest, yellow stripes fade from the bottom of the white band

Away kit- the "yellow rose" kit all yellow kit with a rose graphic on the jersey

Third kit- white and purple version of the home

X6VrwE3.jpg

Austin

SPORTING ATX, so this is based of the current soccer team in Austin which is the Austin AzTeX, the reason for this is that I felt this was a design that missed the mark but had potential to be better and I figured teams could end up like they look today. In the AzTeX logo the ATX are all capital because ATX is the acronym for Austin Texas, so I decided to take that and create a simpler more mature name in Sporting ATX, the colors are the same and some of the basic elements are the same, but the capital building has been taken out and replaced with a southwestern style design below the word mark.

Home kit- all navy blue kit with gold accents and a fading southwestern pattern that becomes more visible as you go down the shirt

Away kit- all white kit with navy blue and gold accents, and a gold star pattern again that becomes more visible as you go down the shirt

Third kit- all god kit with navy blue accents, and sublimated light rays centered on the crest

IcXPeQJ.jpg

Duly noted, I had trouble the entire time with this logo, I always felt like something want right. It could be the soccer ball, but I don't think I'm gonna mess with it just cause of my busy schedule

I think it is the complete discrepancy between the really old-school soccer ball and the really modern font. The rest of the crest seems like it was designed 80 years ago, but then the font looks like it is two years old. Fix the font, and I think it will improve the look quite a bit.

award%20sig.png

Brownsville

The most southern team in the league was given a regional name to encompass the rio grande valley as a whole, so the team is AC Rio Grande.

The crest uses the silhouette of some building that I can't seem to figure out, but its in every ad for brownsville, with palm trees on either side. the orange obviously to give the feel of a setting sun and the turquoise stripes to feel like water.

Home kit- dark green kit with orange and turquoise accents,two orange stripes going across the middle with the turquoise stripes above

Away kit- predominately orange with green and turquoise accents and a green striped sash that fades as it goes down

Third kit- turquoise kit that goes from a darker turquoise at the top to a lighter one

N6tBHSt.jpg

Rio Grande Valley represent not only Brownsville but the entire cities/towns on the Rio Grande river border from Brownsville to Laredo. I know that I am from Corpus Christi. But McAllen is considered as the central of RGV while Brownsville is labeled as South Texas.

I should suggest to add a scorpion on it cuz alot of teams in Brownsville often used Scorpion not only that, before it was changed to UTRGV, college there used scorpions as the mascot even though it changed to Ocelots later on.

but this is a great logo/colors combination for Brownsville, can't wait for Corpus Christi!

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

Rio Grande Valley represent not only Brownsville but the entire cities/towns on the Rio Grande river border from Brownsville to Laredo. I know that I am from Corpus Christi. But McAllen is considered as the central of RGV while Brownsville is labeled as South Texas.

I should suggest to add a scorpion on it cuz alot of teams in Brownsville often used Scorpion not only that, before it was changed to UTRGV, college there used scorpions as the mascot even though it changed to Ocelots later on.

but this is a great logo/colors combination for Brownsville, can't wait for Corpus Christi!

I'm not going for the geographical middle of the valley, Brownsville is still the valley, and its on the rio grande, Its all south Texas, Mcallen, Laredo, pretty much everything south of San Antonio is South Texas, Brownsville just happens to be one of the bigger populations in the valley. I also have a laredo team in the league.

The scorpion is in another team, so that won't be making an appearance till later on

Also something I wanted to bring to attention was the adverts are all specifically picked for each team, I tried to get companies that most people may know, and that are based in the town or at least have some relevant connection to the town.

Abilene/Bank of America- tallest building in Abilene and a major employer

Amarillo/Tyson- major employer in amarillo

Austin/Dell- dell is based in Austin

AC Rio Grande/AeroMexico- relevant airline to the brownsville area

Bryan / College Station

BCS 12 SC, a combined town team due to the fact that Bryan and College Station are almost one town and commonly referred to as the BCS area. College Station home to Texas A&M University, which I attend, hence the 12 as in the 12th man, and SC is self-explanatory

sponsored by laynes chicken

Home kit- maroon out with dark maroon hoops, and white accents

Away kit- all white kit with multiple maroon stripe across the chest and grey horizontal stripes below

Third kit- all grey kit with maroon accents and maroon side panels that fade as they go down

CnqJPM6.jpg

Archived